I made it

Brittany

Ok I made it through my first entire day.  I'm not going to lie I almost gave in around 10pm, but I kept fighting it and tried to keep my mind on other things.  I woke up this morning still fighting, but I know with time this will get easier :)

• Like 5

Great work Brittany!

If you can do one day, you can do forever, because you only ever have to take it one day at a time.  And the hardest day is always the first one ;)

So, there you go.  You are officially a non-smoker.  Pretty cool huh :d

Amazing!!  Biggest mental battle I always think. Loving your attitude and honesty with yourself, keep that, you need to just take on step at a time, sometimes that's minute by minute, sometimes hour by hour. But you get past this and you simply tell yourself you can do ANYTHING, anything you like except smoke....that's a whole lotta options. The biggest win is the extra time, especially as you have children too, I really enjoy days out now because there's no hunting for a smoking area!! It will just get more brilliant day by day. Hang on!

Did you get soem fruit juice in? A lot of the "craves" are actually blood sugar dips as your nicotine played with your system in a million ways but you take control of it back now. Takes about 3 days to re-adjust. Some people feel a lot more tired in the same time period as well and it's the same problem, those blood sugars are easier to handle when they are under control. xx

I will get some fruit juice for sure!  Thank you for the tip!  I saw my doctor today and he was very excited and proud of me for quitting, especially since he has been getting on me about it for a while.  Thank you all again for all of the encouragement it is really really helping :).  I hope there are some night owls around as I normally work graveyard and I know that is when these cravings are going to hit the hardest because it was such a big part of my "routine".  I hope I dont clog the S.O.S. board!  Thank you all for being patient with me too :)  I look forward to helping others when I feel I am strong enough to help myself

• Like 1

Hi Brittany,

Glad to see that you made it! Day one is always the worst one!

Now you have seen the worst, you can use that experience to help you with your next craving.

Each time you beat the craving monster, you get a little stronger and soon you will be stronger then the monster!

You see all the support here, so please do not be afraid to use it when needed!

Take it day by day and soon days will turn in to weeks, weeks turn in to months!

Read all you can here and post, a lot nice people here want to help you and be your friend!

Humor can go a long way in to helping with a crave, it does me!

Best of luck to you!

Well done Brittany, you are doing fantastic, one day at a time thats all you need to do, stay strong, and never worry about posting here, if you feel you want to SOS, natter, post something totally irrelevant then just do it, we all do lol.  These lovely people have saved my ass a lot of times, and remember nothing may seem to odd, we have all been there at some point or another, keep climbing Brittany you can do this xx

Brit...we have pretty much 24 hour cover here. When you guys go to bed, the 'islanders' are just getting up, and then there is the upside downers down in Oz and NZ...

We got your back.

Again, keep reading and posting. It helps. You have any questions, ask away. We have all been exactly where you are.

We are living proof that you can do this.

Keep on keeping on!