Grrrrrr!!!!

Linda

Have not been sleeping good and getting up feeling crappy . How is doing something you know is good for you be this hard? Feel like whining 16 year old lately, the negative friend that no one wants to be around. I'm usually a pretty positive person that positive person is circling the drain. Sorry for the rant this am

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed since this not smoking journey is finding out who are your real friends and those who you thought were and trying not to be disappointed by that. Weird thoughts going on in my head this am. Some are not pleasant. So I need to get moving.

• Sad 1

I am thinking of you, the first few weeks are tough. Are you on patches? They can cause sleep disturbance and really weird dreams! 
I was the opposite, I was like a zombie, and going to bed at children’s times! I would be yawning alll day.  Have you tried listening to sleep  relaxation music on YouTube, it really helps you to relax.  Watch a film you enjoy or read a book you e been wanting to read for ages, it can take your mind off what’s troubling you.

have a warm bath, with lots of nice bubbles and music.

Try not to,worry and just pamper yourself, these times will get better in time.

I agree with Doreen, if smokers start to ignore you and not be as friendly, it’s because they don’t like losing a smoking buddy, and don’t want to listen to someone saying they have quit, as it makes them feel guilty. I noticed my sister didn’t visit as much as she used to, because she didn’t want to stand outside on her own to smoke, and it brings it home, that they too should quit, but they don’t want to.

stay strong , life will get better.

• Like 4

Getting used to a new life not smoking is very strange, it’s like a bereavement at first. I was really tearful, then there’s the anger that you can’t smoke, while others do! It all takes time, but then you will start to feel sorry for the smokers, and see it’s not that they get to smoke, but Have To, to stop them from going into uncomfortable withdrawals.

you are doing great, 

stay determined.

• Like 3

It is so true what your saying, it is the wonderful thing about this site people that actually understand what your going through., and making you think the thoughts you are having are  not crazy. I just I can get to the end of the journey  thanks

• Like 3

2 hours ago, catlover said:

Getting used to a new life not smoking is very strange, it’s like a bereavement at first. I was really tearful, then there’s the anger that you can’t smoke, while others do! It all takes time, but then you will start to feel sorry for the smokers, and see it’s not that they get to smoke, but Have To, to stop them from going into uncomfortable withdrawals.

you are doing great, 

stay determined.

^^THIS Linda ^^

I also had insomnia, it sucked but I found just taking one pill of an OTC sleep aid a couple times a week took the edge off and I got a good nights sleep. Its only temporary so hang in there.

Oh and you have a TON of new friends here 🤗

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Linda said:

Have not been sleeping good and getting up feeling crappy . How is doing something you know is good for you be this hard? Feel like whining 16 year old lately, the negative friend that no one wants to be around. I'm usually a pretty positive person that positive person is circling the drain. Sorry for the rant this am

Yeah, the quitting process can really suck, especially in the early days.  As strange as it is that something that's so good for you is so difficult, I think it's even stranger that eventually you almost forget that you ever smoked.  As hard as it might be to believe now, in time, you will be that way too @Linda.  Keep your eye on the prize!  Hope your sleeping issues resolve soon!

• Like 6

Damn,  had it going so nice, hot water running, found some aloevera hand soap for the Bubbles.

Got the softy music playing on my company phone and just as I was going to crawl into the Tub my boss walks in the first aid room looking for a band aid ?

YIKES !  He got the full Mounty.   Not the best Idea taking a bubble bath at work in the first aid room even if they do have a really nice tub.

image.png.de4f1641043909318c41ffe0727eec66.png

Edited by Opah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

@LindaI am not far ahead of you! I just wanted you to know that if you are using the patches, try taking it off about half an hour before you plan to go to bed and then put one back on as soon as you get up. I have used them before on other quits.

I seem to have to opposite problem. My sleep pattern is messed up, like a newborn. But when I go to sleep I sleep well. I think I sleep well because I'm tired from fighting the urges and cravings that come while I'm awake.

You Can Do This!

Edited by JH63
  • Like 4

Lol

14 minutes ago, JH63 said:

@LindaI am not far ahead of you! I just wanted you to know that if you are using the patches, try taking it off about half an hour before you plan to go to bed and then put one back on as soon as you get up. I have used them before on other quits.

I seem to have to opposite problem. My sleep pattern is messed up, like a newborn. But when I go to sleep I sleep well. I think I sleep well because I'm tired from fighting the urges and cravings that come while I'm awake.

You Can Do This!

I will try that thanks

1 hour ago, Opah said:

Damn,  had it going so nice, hot water running, found some aloevera hand soap for the Bubbles.

Got the softy music playing on my company phone and just as I was going to crawl into the Tub my boss walks in the first aid room looking for a band aid ?

YIKES !  He got the full Mounty.   Not the best Idea taking a bubble bath at work in the first aid room even if they do have a really nice tub.

image.png.de4f1641043909318c41ffe0727eec66.png

Lol

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Linda said:

I dropped a pan of biscuits in the floor today and wound up lying on the kitchen floor crying like a baby.  I react pretty much the same way when my husband leaves the lid off the butter dish.  Seems to be getting harder for me each day.  So please don’t feel alone.  We’ll get‘er done one way or the other.  Hang on.  

• Like 4

We fed our bodies toxins, poisons for Decades....it got used to feeling and coping a certain way ...

It has to get used to coping without it now ....it just takes time ....

Be patient with yourself....be kind to yourself .....

Don't ever forget what you are achieving is .....Flippin Amazin....😁

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Judi said:

I dropped a pan of biscuits in the floor today and wound up lying on the kitchen floor crying like a baby.  I react pretty much the same way when my husband leaves the lid off the butter dish.  Seems to be getting harder for me each day.  So please don’t feel alone.  We’ll get‘er done one way or the other.  Hang on.  

I know Judi it plain just sucks. One minute I am mad next sad and then tearful. Sleeping  is not good. I know I have to travel the rough road but don't really want to, but we can do this!!!

• Like 1