Mac#23 & Jo's International Food Showdown

notsmokinjo

• 1 year later...

Bump, late night and found this. I have never met a person that did not love biscuits and sausage gravy.  In my house, the biscuits were cracked open and buttered.  Then covered in gravy with lots of black pepper. Pork sausage in patties served on the side.  Brand, Jimmy Dean Hot.  I could serve this to anyone and they would want a second plate.  Making gravy is a southern must, if you can't do it you are not from the south (USA).  You use the grease from cooking the sausage with flour to make the roux. Then add milk to make the gravy. Black pepper and salt to taste.

I can't tell you how many times I made this for the family and for all the boys that had overnight video game sleepovers.  I was quite popular with them. They were never hungry at our house. 

@BooYes I know about fried okra, I even grow my own.  It does very well in the Texas climate.  I was very loved at my Mom's nursing home.  I would take in a bag of home grown okra and tomatoes and it made sure my Mom got the best care. 

• Like 3