what would normally have me reaching for Cigarettes

What an afternoon, I don't work on a Tuesday, so its my housework day, keep busy day, my son comes home for lunch and I catch up with bills, all in all pleasant morning, no triggers, no craves, no thoughts.  3 p.m., school is out, phone rings, my son has taken a bad fall from his bicycle, (he has taken to wanting to be a stunt man when he is older) one stunt too many today.  I rush to the school luckily its only 5 mins or 2 if you run.  Poor mite is sitting in the office, split lip, face all bruised, white as a sheet, hands all bloody, shaking from head to foot, sees me and bursts into tears.  I take him home, and he complains of feeling sick, dizzy and disorientated, quick call to grandparents (thank you so much mum and dad) and in 2 minutes on the way to the hospital, 2 hours later back home, luckily my son was wearing a cycle helmet and escaped with a badly cut face, chipped tooth, and bruised arms.  Now the reason for this rather long rambling tale is not once in all that happened this afternoon did I think of having a cigarette.  Before I quit, I would have been stressed out of my head craving and crying out for a cigarette.  I would have been looking for ways to try and get a cigarette at the hospital, while sitting waiting to speak to the Doctor I would have been irritable and cranky, fidgety and the minute I was out the hospital I would have been reaching for a cigarette whilst asking my son to wait!!!!  Thank God those days are gone and I spent every minute talking and reassuring my boy that it was going to be ok.  This time I did not reach for any cigarettes.................

• Like 8

So sorry about your son Jackie. I am so glad you got through it without even wanting to smoke.

It makes me sad to remember when my son broke his wrist and I would sneak outside to smoke whenever I got a chance.I am so glad those days are behind us.

Prayers to your son for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

sorry to hear about your boy thank goodness it was just cuts and bruises and maybe a little shock for him to be more careful next time ;) - hopefully

great job super mum and super non smoker :)

see non smokers have less stress :)

• Like 1