I can't believe I used to smoke !

quitdate:

25/07/2013

LocationPerth Australia

Posted Today, 08:53 AM

Today is ten months for me, yay. And I have saved almost $7000 !

I was reading the paper yesterday and they have made some of the city of Perth smoke free and from today if anyone is coughs they get an on the spot fine of $100. They are thinking of extending it to the whole city. I was so pleased to read that as now if I even get a wif I have to put my hand over my nose !!

To think I used to smoke is amazing, how far have we come we used to be able to smoke in planes , restaurants and offices and even at the doctors !!! And now a smoke free city.

I find it amazing now that I ever used to smoke. I so hate the look of it the smell of it the taste of it and the cost and the evil it does. Most of all the shame !!!!

We are all free.

• Like 8

good to see you Paula

congratulations on your 10 months quit :)

One thing I have noticed about the ban over here - is now all the smokers stand outside the doors to anywhere - so on entering a building especially shopping centres and pubs you have to walk through 5-10 people smoking

I have to hold my breath, head down and enter or you get a right lung full - it`s crazy!

complete smokefree zones sounds a great way to go - I am sure the UK will be watching Australia to see how it goes!

• Like 3

Paula amazing 10 months quit, as Tracey said here in the UK we have to wade through smokers to get to a shop, I used to hide round corners for my daily fix, its a case of hold your breath and make a mad dash for it now if you want to get anywhere, smoke free zones would be fantastic, although I am sure all the smokers here in the uk would disagree and 6 months ago I would have been one of them argghhh doesnt bear thinking about does it, 

• Like 1