PSA

The covid-19 test nasal swap is NOT a peice of cake! I had to get one a couple hours ago to get cleared for my shoulder surgery Friday. It was not my favorite.

On the topic of surgery, I've had way more orthopedic surgeries than I care to remember in recent years but this will be the first one nicotine free. I'm excited to see the difference in healing time and respiratory recovery.

I hope everyone is having a super dee dooper day!

• Like 5

I'm looking forward to reading about the difference in your recovery Michelle. I have no doubt that you will see many positive ones as well as a speedier recovery  😊

• Like 5

Good luck on your surgery @idontsmoke!  I once had a surgery where the surgeon wouldn't do it unless I was quit for two full months minimum.  He said that it would be too risky because smokers don't heal as well as non-smokers.  It's what "inspired" my cold turkey quit a number of years ago.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, idontsmoke said:

...I'm excited to see the difference in healing time and respiratory recovery....

Good luck tomorrow Michelle, and wishing you a speedy recovery.  

• Like 3

On 7/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, jillar said:

I'm looking forward to reading about the difference in your recovery Michelle. I have no doubt that you will see many positive ones as well as a speedier recovery  😊

Thanks Jillar! I'm sure its going to be a much better recovery this time around!  Thank you for being so supportive 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mona said:

Good luck on your surgery @idontsmoke!  I once had a surgery where the surgeon wouldn't do it unless I was quit for two full months minimum.  He said that it would be too risky because smokers don't heal as well as non-smokers.  It's what "inspired" my cold turkey quit a number of years ago.

Hi Mona, thanks for the reply....I'm surprised but happy your doctor drew that line. I've always had doctors suggest quitting and not smoking after surgery but I never listened. This is a new orthopedist who didnt know me when I was vaping but is ecstatic I quit, none the less. I'm glad your doctor's requirement got you to quit!

On 7/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, JohnQ said:

It's wonderful to get to the point where we can just laugh at it and no longer need to put up a fight with the cravings. 

I find that it helped my quit tremendously once I comprehend the fact that it was an addiction, then every time a craving came on it was much easier for me to overcome it because I realize now that I'm fighting for my freedom because I no longer want to be an addict.  Where as in previous failed quits I thought I was just trying to break "a habit". 

Education about smoking is definitely essential for quitting.

Thanks John, I'm a recovering addict/alcoholic and can tell you you hit the nail on the head with that one. I'm so glad you're doing well!

13 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Positive vibes for Friday ....

Nothing worse than seeing patients...outside the hospital smoking attached to drips ect....

You can rest properly and get well sooner.. 

Thank you Doreen! I was that person. During the last surgery (knee replacement) my former partner wheeled me out of the hospital and up the street so we could vape....and I hadn't vaped for over 24 hours since it was an overnight stay. Sick. I'm so happy I'm going into this one nicotine free

• Like 1