Smoking Dreams and Blood Pressure

....aren't they fun? </sarcasm>

I guess my intense craving the other day (thanks for responding to my SOS) triggered the vivid smoking dream last night. At least it didn't upset me or make me crave, it was just annoying. 🙂  As I've mentioned before I'm in recovery from addiction, and I occasionally have using or drinking dreams but as time goes on they are rare. I believe these dreams are my brain processing the major change of quitting. I think smoking dreams will also become rare if I keep at this thang. My quit is getting easier (just for today)

I'm having shoulder surgery a week from tomorrow. Yesterday was my pre-op appointment. The medical assistant and I were blown away by my blood pressure reading! I usually run 120-ish over 80-ish but it was much lower yesterday. She said it was the best BP reading she had seen that day.  It is fueling my quit, as long as being able to take a deep breath pretty much anytime I want. I'm so happy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, idontsmoke said:

...The medical assistant and I were blown away by my blood pressure reading! ... She said it was the best BP reading she had seen that day....

That's great Michelle, I'm happy for you.

I still remember how I could felt my heart beating hard like a marching drum every time I took a drag.  I'm sure like every other smoker, deep down inside I knew it was killing me but the stupid addict in me ignored all the signs.  I haven't measured lately but I'm sure my heart rate & blood pressure is much better than before.

• Like 2