I'm just not strong enough :(

I'm just not strong enough to quit smoking. I have too much stress. Lock me up away from cigarettes that is the only way it will happen.

That is what I always said.

How I wish someone would have told me to learn about the addiction.

Would I have believed them? No. Not for one second would I have believed that education was the key for me to quit.

Why does it surprise me so much when others do not believe me when I tell them that more than any NRT out there education is what they need if they want to quit for good.

I now know how all the people who tried to tell me I could do it must have felt. They must have wanted to shake me into next week while screaming wake the heck up!

I have been watching people make all the excuses I used to make and it is making me crazy. I feel like such a know it all rolling my eyes at the excuses while fighting back the tears as I watch them hurt themselves.

Having knowledge and understanding did not make quitting easy,but it did make it easier!

I want to save the world from cigarettes now. I have to bite down on my tongue hard to keep from being that obnoxious ex-smoker we all used to hate. My tongue is bleeding how do I stop myself from becoming that know it all jerk?

• Like 12

thats a hard question to answer bonnie - I think its best to be yourself and be true and go with your instincts

the world needs jerks and non jerks to keep the balance but tact is the key  ;)

go forth and educate you big lovely non smoking jerk  :P

• Like 2

Bonnie,

Love your post, know exactly how you feel.  When I saw your thread title, it made me a little nervous to be honest.  Really great job expressing your thoughts.  I am in a situation, really new to me being surrounded by smokers and I have mentioned quitting more than once and have to keep telling myself to shut up lol.  As much as I want to convert some smokers, they have to want it.  Hopefully, they will know enough to ask me how it's done :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, nagging never works. I agree with Colleen -- they must really want it before they can quit. 

That's the only way.

I can't count how many times I've been the obnoxious ex-smoker without meaning to, but I can't help myself. I just want to tell everyone how awesome it is to be a non-smoker and how easy quitting gets overtime. 

• Like 1