TIme Goes by

Tink

I remember in the beginning of my quit every hour seemed like a week 1845706409_time_xlarge_zps361c43ba.jpeg

I would watch the clock constantly and say - yep another hour done - time dragged on so slowwwwwww

then after a few weeks it was every few hours watching the clockclock.gif

then after a few months it was not so much clock watching but counting down the days or weeksDoctor.Who.Advent.jpg

and then its another month before you know it

which is great but on the flip side - dang life is going by faster too   :o

today I have now passed my previous quit time   :D

I will always be an addict and always be on my guard my advice to others coming after me:

there are hard days, long days, happy and sad days but it does get easier with time and education about ourselves and this addiction

some people get it from day 1 some get it after weeks or months  - but the main thing is to keep hold of the rope 

it would be fantastic if we all got it from day 1 but the truth is it does not happen like that but please try and listen to what others ahead of you say as something could be vital to you for your quit at one point or another - thats why I fully endorse this quit forum -

the support here is second to none and sometimes its hard to swallow the advise but I can say I would not be here now without it and the wonderful people paying it forward

I dont think just time is the answer - its the journey of the quit - all I know is what I have experienced and believe me some days have been hell on legs - just hold on, never give in or give up on your quit - whatever happens

this is your quit - your journey and most important - your life - how will you write it??

• Like 11

Oh how I've missed you Trace ;)

Hell on legs, will have to remember that one :)

It is true that it gets so much easier in time, I can go for more than a week without thinking of cigarettes, which is amazing!

• Like 1

Tracey sweetheart,

This was a great honest post....

You have a great quit going on.....feel proud.....

After smoking so long it wasn't easy for me....some days I just white knuckled

I'm so glad now that I did......

Hugs

Doreen

• Like 1