At the gas station yesterday....

And I had  thought as others bought cigarettes whilst waiting in line I thought "Man I am happy I do not have to waste my money on cigarettes (my brand is at 7 dollars/pack)" I have much better things to "waste" my money on like the fishing licenses we were buying or well the vacation to yellowstone that we will be taking in a month or so.......I like the side benefit of repurposing the money to other things like vaca or fun stuff or even for needed unexpected things.........not to mention breathing, running, not coughing, not worrying about running out, the list goes on  and on......so all those on the fence or just thinking about it......quit now it is soooo worth the minimum discomfort ...jump in the waters is just fine :) 

• Like 7

I don't know how I missed this especially with a trip to Yellowstone being mentioned!

I remember sometimes that I would look at people smoking and thought "they get to smoke and I don't."  Now when I see people smoking I realize that they have to smoke and I don't.

Until I quit, I didn't fully realize the life of slavery and misery that I accepted as my normal.  I always felt like garbage (and smelled like it) and just thought it was normal.  Man, the lies of nicotine addiction keep millions in slavery.

• Like 1

And I had thought as others bought cigarettes whilst waiting in line I thought "Man I am happy I do not have to waste my money on cigarettes ...

The Sarge was outside a Kroger (Grocer) yesterday, checkin' out the RedBox kiosk (movies) when he watched a man get out - about his age (maybe 45 to 50) - it took the poor guy (between slurpy, wet, death-rattle caughing fits) more than 10 minutes to get out of his van, get his pull-behind green oxygen-tank trolly all situated, and get on one of the hover-round like shopping carts ... whereupon said Dude went into another coughing fit and headed off to the main entrance (likely a couple of cartons of smokes were on the shopping list today).

Any guesses as to what this man did about 3 feet from the main entrance?

You guessed it: Stopped and lit up a cigarette and tried to puff between wet, sappy, phlegm-filled coughing spurts.

Nice ...

"Man I am happy I do not have to waste my money  LIFE on cigarettes ..."  The Sarge thought to himself.

Easy Peasy

P.S. - when you get to Yellowstone you have to take a side trip or three through The Tetons

• Like 3