Hi Every One

Gabby

My name is Gabby.  I stopped smoking on the 4 April.  I have been reading and lurking for a while, thought it was time to introduce myself. I have had 3 serious quits and this is number 4. I have trouble maintaining the quit I get up to about 150 days and then the old just have one it will fix everything starts. I am here to learn to maintain my quit for longer.  Thanks Marti for reaching out to me and making me a friend.  As you can see I am from New Zealand I am not sure what time it is now, but it's the afternoon here.  Nice to meet you all.   Gabby :D  

• Like 15

Hey there Gabby !!!!  Welcome to the quit train. 

I am so glad that you are getting to 150 days.  That's around 5 months. We call that No Man's Land. 

We are here to definitely get you to day 151 !!!

• Like 3

Hey Gabby!  Welcome aboard.  It's awesome that you are able to make it to 150 days.  The folks here will do everything possible to help you make this quit last forever.  Read as much info as you can.  Glad you are here.

• Like 1

It can be hard sometimes.  It's that junkie part of our brain telling us that cigarettes do something for us.  The reality is that they kill us.  And they don't even do it quickly.  They make us suffer till our death.

I recommend reading and educating yourself on nicotine addiction.  And every time that monkey talks to you, drown him out.  He's like a little spoiled kid...... show him his place and shut him up. 

You can do this.  If you can do 150 days, then you can do 151.  and then 152.  One day at a time. 

• Like 1

Hey Gabby! Welcome to QT. :) Glad to have you here. You've come to the right place! Don't be afraid to reach out to us when you're struggling. Keep reading/educating yourself and post as often as you'd like! 

• Like 1

Hi again Gabby, so pleased you could introduce yourself, sounds like you've been busy of late. I think in previous quits I've missed the addiction connection, in honesty it didn't sit well considering I was an addict of anything and my ability to seperate possible effects of smoking, from me smoking a cig - were superb!! 

I am over those hangups now. I read here in the pinned section. I read absolute horror stories and recovery stories on whyquit.com (highly recommend). On the strength of these guys I also bought the allen carr give up smoking book, but my mind was already set from acknowledgement and acceptance that it was always going to be a problem to me and the only real answer was not again, then these guys said NOPE (not one puff ever).  I could work with that!  The one rule is don't put something in your mouth and set it on fire :)  Those absolutely resonated with me, hope they help you.  Reading and educating ourselves may have saved a ton of quits too. 

Learn how the sos board works and think about writing your own pre response when you are on a good day. That way instead of think whatever, and smoking, perhaps we can talk you down :)

Sorry rambling again :)  Will shut up for a while. xx

• Like 2

Hi Gabby, great to see you and congrats in your quit! And thanks Marti too ;)

It sounds like we have about 4 months to figure out what happens at 150 days, and push you the through that barrier into forever! And hopefully we can have some fun along the way :)

I've heard New Zealand is a very beautiful country. Have a great Friday :)

Hi gabby ,welcome to the board...

Congrats on your great quit......

What has helped me ,is joining in on the board,when you help others .it makes your quit stronger....

Come and pledge every day.....it's a promise to yourself ,not to smoke for that one day....

If you need us ,use the s.o.s...there is always someone here....

You can do it.....

Doreen

• Like 1

Hi Gabby- welcome to the board - can't wait to get to "know you". Congrats on your quit to date - sounds like you are doing awesome - and I am sure that with the support of all of us - you can keeping rocking your quit past 151 days a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34