I'm so sad (tiny sos)

Evelyn

It's hard to handle the sadness. Makes me feel 'What the f*ck, I need a cigarette',  which obliviously isn't true. But I feel so lonely in my sadness, my pain. 
Please don't be mad I posted a tiny SOS. I just feel like drowning. I don't want that cigarette but in my head my mind is all ****** up.

I said no excuses, no matter what I will not smoke today (I pledged that today) and I meant it but right now it's damn hard...

So I'm sitting it out, will call a friend to talk to and wait for replies :)

You've already quit and are a non-smoker.  Smoking benefits you in no way at all.  Focus your thoughts on something else...

Smoking will just give you something else to worry about.  Look how far you've come and focus on how much easier your breathing.

• Like 1

Evelyn,

I think you know that a cigarette will not make you feel better.  Once the cigarette is out, you will feel much worse.  You will be angry with yourself and you will have to restart the clock.  Do not under any circumstances pick up a cigarette.  Did you take the pledge today?

• Like 1

Hi Evelyn,

You can make it through.. whatever you do - DO NOT RUIN YOUR QUIT TRUST ME- it is 20 times harder to get 

the mind set right to quit again.  Talk to your friend on the phone- take a shower- drink water... 

You are awesome with your quit and I am happy for you.

• Like 3

Evelyn,

Like the others said, you already know a cigarette won't helped.  You have relapsed before and I know the cigarette didn't help because you are back here again and you have quit!  Protect your quit from everyone and everything...even yourself.  Protect your quit from the little junkie inside telling you to smoke.  Do something...anything other than smoke.  Are you hungry?  Eat a snack?  Tired?  Take a nap.  Angry?  Do some deep breathing or exercise to release some tension.  Bored?  go for a walk...play with your hamsters...clean the cage...take a shower...anything but smoke.  You can do this.

• Like 2

We would never be mad at your for posting an SOS - this is what we are here for!

I'm so glad you posted and tried to get this off your chest - vent and swear as much as you need to... I know you are strong enough to get through this.  Remember, NOPE, just for today.  Tomorrow will be better.

• Like 1

Hey Evelyn.

Sorry you are sad. The therapy I guess?

You are doing really well, you did the right thing and posted here. Smoking won't help. You already know that.

Great job, well done. Very proud of you.

It's the therapy from yesterday, but also the weightgain. My therapist forbid me to rapidly loose weight because there's a chance of developing an eat issue / eating disorder: but I HATE how I look right now. 

This makes me really sad. I'm not allowed to exercise extensively this week, accept doing my exercises given by the physical therapist. She want my hip and leg to get stronger before jumping into one big heavy exercise. I'm disabled with my hipdysplasia so we need to be carefull about the exercises. 

Look at your ticker.....you have done fantastic......

Believe in yourself.....you can so do this......

Don't look at the bigger picture...it's too far ahead......

One day at a time....deal with that one day only.....

Even half a day....then the other half......

Well done everlyn......feel very proud....

Hugs

Doreen

• Like 3

Evelyn go for a walk, beat the crave help the weight - double win!!  We are non smokers you know, so we can't smoke.  It always passes and we are always delighted when it comes to end and we didn't smoke. Look forward to that feeling while you wade through.

Sos is good! Smoking is bad! better to SOS!! Always!!

xx

• Like 1

One day at a time....... and look where you are.. 12 days of freedom that only you could do!

Keep going, one day at a time.... everytime you beat down that crave or smoking thought.. you become stronger and more confident....

you got this.

NOPE........

• Like 1

Then do what you can my sweet and why not do your exercise's sooner as a way of beating the craves.  That said if it doesn't feel right then don't do that and do whatever the hell you want to make the crave pass, whatever works for you is right. xx

Evelyn, so sorry I missed this earlier but so happy to hear you didn't smoke!  You are one strong lady and can do this.  Take some deep breaths and sip some water till the crave ends!

• Like 1

Walk now. It doesn't have to be far. Just take a walk enjoy the day. Ice water helps me when I'm craving. You have done what you're supposed to do this is an SOS. No need to feel bad about that.

I don't much care how I look right now either. I can relate. My head lies to me about how smoking will help, and my head lies to me about how bad I look. In reality, neither of those statements are true. You're fine Evelyn, and so am I. Enjoy the day if you can.

• Like 2

evelyn your almost 2 weeks now wtg  you keep going  sorry your sad    but your doing great   im back now to and I can now be here week ends and nights to  to help ok   :D :D

• Like 1

Evelyn don't apologise for posting an SOS we are here to support and help, just look how far you have come, please don't undo all your hard work, concentrate on how well you have done and be proud