Money in my pocket...

action

Not a lot, but some.

On Saturday I took out £20 just for 'whatever'. It's Thursday and I still have £16.77. If I was smoking I would have £0, and would have taken even more out of the bank... Never had cash that wasn't earmarked for smokes before!

Maybe I will have a nice lunch tomorrow, or just wonder in to town and buy myself something, or a gift for someone else. Maybe I'll keep the money in my pocket, or put it in a jar for a rainy day. Or I could go for a few drinks with a friend... I am free to do with it as I wish.

Being a non-smoker is awesome :d

• Like 14

I stopped trying to figure out how much I've saved by not smoking because my ticker doesn't keep track any longer.  I know it's a lot, I smoked a lot.  It doesn't even matter if you smoked a pack every other day as opposed to my 2-ish.  All that matters is it is yours to save, spend or give away.  At least now, I don't feel like I'm setting fire to a pile of money!

• Like 1

I stopped trying to figure out how much I've saved by not smoking because my ticker doesn't keep track any longer.  I know it's a lot, I smoked a lot.  It doesn't even matter if you smoked a pack every other day as opposed to my 2-ish.  All that matters is it is yours to save, spend or give away.  At least now, I don't feel like I'm setting fire to a pile of money!

Yes, exactly! And I could set fire to it if I felt like it!! At least it would be by choice and not because I 'had to'... Except I think it is illegal to burn something with the queens head on it lol

• Like 3

It's great isn't it, I am loving spending more on my babies, if they wanted something before I'd have to say no and feel terrible cos I wouldn't have the money now its lovely to have the extra few bob for lil treats, go treat yourself to something nice hun xx

• Like 2

Good for you, Ross.  I am saving for some new sneakers.  Right now I have hand me downs from one of my step daughters.  They are pretty worn out and starting to hurt my feet.  Hopefully get a pair this weekend.

• Like 2

No burning up liz, I'm sure that should be treason ;)

Chuffed for you action, I still can't keep hold of money but I blame the cute kids and treats in the shop.  The money goes on pointless treats now and I love that I rarely have to say no - so same thing.  

I think you should go into town and blow the lot :)

• Like 1

Chuffed for you action, I still can't keep hold of money but I blame the cute kids and treats in the shop.  The money goes on pointless treats now and I love that I rarely have to say no - so same thing.  

You and your kids deserve it!!

You and your kids deserve it!

Does Ross got to town?  I thought he was an online shopping kinda man. 

• Like 2

You and your kids deserve it!

Does Ross got to town?  I thought he was an online shopping kinda man. 

I go to town at the weekends, sometimes  :P

• Like 1

I got some money back after I filed my taxes. Usually I'd be jumping for joy because I could buy my cigarettes AND food, but now I'm just happy I can go shopping. 

I took some of the money and bought a laptop! My old one was horrible and wouldn't have worked for my schooling.

It's nice to have that freedom, isn't it?

• Like 5

I saved over $2300, and I have only ONE question:

Where the heck is it?

I just want to know how I was able to blow (yes, literally BLOW) all of that money? It's not like it's 'LEFT OVER' now that I don't buy smokes any more. What did I do with it????

:D

If I have money in my 'pocket' it gets spent! I'd come home with a new skirt or top or knickers or something!

Although I think my guess of how much money I'm saving was wrong as I seem to have loads more money than I used to!