Fires and Smoke

forestgreen

We have had horrendous Bush Fires in the Coastal Region of Australia, where I live just recently. Up to 84 Fires all alight at the same time, making it difficult for the Firefighters to attend every event. I can now see two stretches of trees instead of one a few days ago, but its much better than none. We are all left with the Smoky Haze which has been around for about a week now. At one of the worst stages near me,  it looked like a sunset in the middle of the day.  I am glad I don't smoke now, as hundreds of people went to Emergency hospital for breathing difficulties. Firefighters came from all over Australia to help us, unfortunately hundreds lost their homes, and some their lives. The Koalas too, have lost their homes and lives. We have a Koala Hospital near me and hundreds of volunteers, have been helping the sick and injured little ones. Thank God for the Firefighters and all the volunteers, Glad to be Australian. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Thank you all for your response and well wishes. I truly am one of the lucky ones, it was the first time I had to write out an evacuation list but thankfully didn't have to use it. I am well and happy and in our little community we are more aware of the feeling "it could happen to you" . Water is scarce but there again I am lucky, I have a recycled water tank, and used this on my trees and home before the fires hit. Some do not and the farmers are the ones hard hit this time around which they have had for some time now. All in all it's good to be alive and Christmas shopping has now got the green light again. Incidentally I dreamt of pulling heaps of notes out of my purse which of course is a reality now. 

• Like 4