Time keeps on slippin'...

abbynormal

I was just looking at my 2019 Ashkickers logo, and I realized something--2019 is winding down! What the heck? Where did the year go?

This time last year I was deep in the smoking habit, still trying to hide it from my family, feeling an almost constant sense of urgency and desperation for that next smoke.. Now I'm almost 9 months smoke free, and cravings have dwindled down to only the very occasional nagging thought, easily pushed aside in favor of a smoke-free existence..

If you are early in your quit and struggling with the daily grind, don't despair! It gets better. Before you know it, you'll be wondering where the heck the time went, and you'll be so happy you kept your resolve in those early days.

Freedom is fantastic!

• Like 11

Beautiful, inspiring post, Abby !

I am so happy you built yourself a solid and sturdy quit.

The benefits will continue to manifest in your life as

self esteem and self confidence reign.

You can trust yourself and really enjoy this freedom you have worked so hard for.

Stay focused, don't expect but, don't be surprised if a trigger/crave pops in out of nowhere.

These would be the last dying embers of a once active addiction and have no power, no power at all.

You own your power, now, just watch it grow.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sazerac said:

Stay focused, don't expect but, don't be surprised if a trigger/crave pops in out of nowhere.

That happened to me the other day! I found a lighter in the pocket of a coat I hadn't worn since last winter. I was immediately triggered and had to battle some nagging thoughts for the next 24 hours. But they were just that--nagging thoughts. Not hardcore cravings. Much easier to resist. But still annoying as heck!

• Like 6

22 hours ago, abbynormal said:

This time last year I was deep in the smoking habit, still trying to hide it from my family, feeling an almost constant sense of urgency and desperation for that next smoke.. Now I'm almost 9 months smoke free, and cravings have dwindled down to only the very occasional nagging thought, easily pushed aside in favor of a smoke-free existence..

The view from the top truly does make the journey all worth it.

Enjoy your newfound freedom Abby.  You earned it.

• Like 4