The Patch

mrsguest

I tried quitting with the patch December 27 last year. It worked great! No issues at all.

This year, I got a new script, same exact patch - and I am having a hard time keeping it sticking to my skin! 
It's also itching/scratching me a lot. 

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any tips? I switch up the location of my patch each time I change it, etc. I don't know what else to try. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mrsguest said:

I don't know what else to try. 

You can always try cold turkey.

No mess, no fuss, it's free and the quickest way to Freedom.

Being nicotine free is excellent and only takes a few days.

The rest is adjusting yourself to your new life.

That is the exciting part.

But, if you want patches, I am sure somebody will be along to help with your concerns.

All quits are good quits !

and congratulations on yours, mrsguest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The strangest thing just happened! 

I took off my patch and threw it away to give cold turkey a whirl, and my dog got super excited, he started jumping around and acting weird, licking my face - just out of the blue! 

Maybe it's a sign? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mrsguest said:

I took off my patch and threw it away to give cold turkey a whirl, and my dog got super excited, he started jumping around and acting weird, licking my face - just out of the blue! 

Maybe it's a sign? 

I would definitely take that as a clue.  Why put off the inevitable.  You have to get the nicotine out of your system anyhow, why not just do it.  Just keep looking ahead and keep you eye on the prize - a life free of smoking.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrsguest said:

Maybe it's a sign? 

You can do cold turkey, it is quick and your body will really appreciate the CLEAN as does your beloved K9.

Stay with us, and call on your inner fortitude.  You may be uncomfortable but, this will not last long.  Believe us when we say that !

NOPE your way through any crave/triggers or gruesome moments. 

Use breath as an alternative.  Nice deep, slow breaths (in through your nose, out through mouth)

Keep juice handy and water and your lollipops.

Pay attention to  H.A.L.T.

You Quit Smoking, darling.

Congratulations !

You needn't be a slave to nicotine EVER again !

woof woof woof woof 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had issues getting a "store-brand" patch to stick; no rash though. I gave them away and went cold turkey after the second day of my quit. It wasn't easy but it certainly was doable and I'm happy it went that way because then I didn't have to deal with getting the nicotine out of my system later on. It was all done at the beginning. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Your a beautiful non smoker ...you should be happy and proud ..

awww thank you Doreen ❤️ you are too sweet! 

3 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Those ticker stats also keep adding up too!

LOVING the ticker stats! About to hit 4 whole days 😃

• Like 5

Sunshine - I have been thinking about the gum, but I took this patch off like 4 hours ago and I seriously feel zero difference. 

I am wondering if the patch wasn't even working on me because it wasn't sticking correctly or something. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine59 said:

I recommend few nicotine gums in the first 2 weeks , then you can go cold turkey

With all due respect sunshine, you've been trying to get your forever quit since last November using nicotine gums and it hasn't worked too well for you so I wonder why you keep recommending them?

Mrsguest, the sooner we get the nicotine out of our bodies the sooner we can go through and be done with the misery. You're doing great :) 

• Thanks 4

Each person needs to do what they are comfortable with in terms of how they quit but here' a fact about nicotine in your bloodstream. It takes 3 days, 72 hours, to rid nicotine from your body no matter how many cigs you smoked per day. That's the relatively easy part of quitting. It's reshaping your daily life so you can function comfortably without cigs that takes a long time and a steadfast commitment over that time. Whatever you do, once you suspect nicotine is out of your body DO NOT reintroduce it under any circumstances. That's a step backwards!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Each person needs to do what they are comfortable with in terms of how they quit but here' a fact about nicotine in your bloodstream. It takes 3 days, 72 hours, to rid nicotine from your body no matter how many cigs you smoked per day. That's the relatively easy part of quitting. It's reshaping your daily life so you can function comfortably without cigs that takes a long time and a steadfast commitment over that time. Whatever you do, once you suspect nicotine is out of your body DO NOT reintroduce it under any circumstances. That's a step backwards!

I feel very strange. I do not feel any different from when I had the patch on. I suspect the patch was not working properly and I have been 'cold turkey' this entire time. 

No wonder I have been so utterly miserable this time! It would explain the mood swings and awful cravings I would get. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine59 said:

Cold turkey is a good way .

But your mind in my opinion will end up in a lot of conflicted thoughts .

You are not sure if its cigarette related or something else .

The cold turkey method needs  a very cool comfortable environment to deal with all the little frustrations you end up with.

I still use a nicotine gum .

It keeps my mouth occupied and i don't feel bored .

I recommend few nicotine gums in the first 2 weeks , then you can go cold turkey

Maybe we should have a poll about it ,

Nicotine gums or Cold turkey

Sunshine, you have never gone cold turkey and are STILL promoting gum 

Gum which you have abused for a LONG time.

PLEASE, stop it !  

All quits are good quits but for you to be promoting gum

when people are ready to go Cold Turkey 

is just WRONG WRONG WRONG.

STOP IT.

Cold turkey does NOT take a special environment.

Quite the contrary, it is simply about CHOICE.

You have everything you need to go CTurkey.

It is all about natural YOU and choice.

You DON"T need anything more.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, mrsguest said:

No wonder I have been so utterly miserable this time! It would explain the mood swings and awful cravings I would get. 

I was the same way lol. Bitchy as hell in those early days. Not very nice to be around and cravings that seemed to have no perceivable start or end to them. Hey, I got through it by sheer will power at times in those early days. I WAS NOT giving up no matter what. And you know what ..... it worked :) 

Time seemed to stand still in the first couple of weeks or so but eventually started moving again (thank god) :) 

It does sound like maybe you weren't getting a nicotine feed off those patches so maybe just stay the course without any other quit aid. You can come here to rant and rave when you need to. We get it 👍

• Like 3

The longer you go without nicotine, the better you will feel. 

Sure, you may have some gruesome moments, some bitchy moments but, pfffttt...

the discomfort is replaced with some euphoria and a renewed trust and confidence in yourself.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

The longer you go without nicotine, the better you will feel. 

Sure, you may have some gruesome moments, some bitchy moments but, pfffttt...

the discomfort is replaced with some euphoria and a renewed trust and confidence in yourself.

Today is my first day. Going CRAZY!!!!

• Like 4