They look too good

mightyboosh

I'm talking about e cigs. I love the look of and like to handle anything that's well engineered especially small, heavy and chunky items. E cigs fit that criteria perfectly and I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating nicely made objects. Even the boxes they come in are a cut above a run-of-the-mill box. They've also become very tactile and the colours can be very attractive. In all honesty, they're a nice piece of kit but that's part of the problem now. Apart from delivering nicotine, they're a very attractive fashion item. 

Cigarette manufacturers have always tried to make their product appealing but they just had a box to work on whereas e cig design has endless possibilities. That must be stacking up to be a big problem as technology advances irrevocably. The liquids also smell good enough to drink - cookies and cream, pear drops, McDonald's apple pie etc etc. you name it, they have it. Even the dedicated e cig shops look trendy, upmarket and inviting.

Now that the dangers of vaping are being realised, I wonder if the e cig makers will at some point be forced to make their product drab with graphic warning images on them, as cigarette makers were latterly obliged to do with their packaging. 

At the moment the whole package just looks too good.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

I don't see the allure of them myself but I get your point. Younger peeps want something slick, substantial and easy to use and carry. Something that when they put it to their lips, it's very different from a cigarette. You may be right on future regulations surrounding e-cigs. I'm imagining an e-cig. in the shape of a skull & cross bones perhaps or at least a label with such attached to the packaging ☠️

And what about taxation on not only vape devices but the juice pods or whatever they're called? Cigarettes are heavily taxed in most countries. As far as I know, there is no such "health tax" on e-cigs or the juice pods they sell. I heard and advert today on local radio for a "starter kit" at $12.95. Includes a vape pen & juice pod. And, oh yeah .... when will the public advertising stop as well. I haven't heard an ad for cigarettes since I can remember!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, jillar said:

Don't fall for it Phil, it's garbage and is causing a lot of illnesses from using them! The Trump administration is moving to ban flavors just for that reason

Don't worry, I've no intention of ever using one. It's just that now I'm a free man, I can see the whole NRT subject and its dangers more clearly.

• Like 4

As we all know ...the cigarette packets looked good too....all that lovely gold wrapping ...with all those lovely tokens inside ...and the beautiful gold lighters you could buy ...

If it had were murdering scum bags on the pack ,no one would have bought them ..

It's all a con ...

I just glad to be around to say this ...millions haven't been so lucky ..

• Like 3