Quitting...again

Trish

Trying to relieve frustration, I watered the gardens.  Still not satisfied, I decided to fix a few leaky hoses that have been bugging me.  You never know what the winter/elements have done to your water sources until you move them/mess with them.  Pipes, connectors, splitters can all POP in an instant.  FML...now I have more work to do. 

Sorry you're finding quitting a hard thing to adjust too. I resented having to quit & it made me releapse ALOT & have a pisspoor attitude. Sure I'd quit start to feel better & lite up & find out with being free that smoking isn't as "much fun" as it use to be,then I'd feel bad about blowing another quit & sometimes would wonder "why try" & thats the KEY-as long as you allow yourself an out the junkie in you will jump on it. I wish for every new quitter I could wave a magic wand & make this first yr a painless & fun time BUT without the struggles & temptations your mind will screw with you that you didn't "earn" your quit. Plus I truly believe that those that struggle have a more solid quit after a yr cause all the back & forth  makes you stronger in getting & staying free . Plus use HALT & NOPE as your mantras when nicodemon comes knocking.

• Like 3

So everyone knows I am the Queen of relapsing.  Maybe I should change my name.  But that last couple of times I have quit, I have felt fear of failure because of my history but I have also felt extremely happy.  Happy that I was quit, even through the first couple of craves.  How come I can't make that happy feeling last?  How come it seems to disappear?

No Trish I'm the only Queen here :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  

• Like 6

Thanks, Beth and everyone.  I most likely won't be able to post anything tomorrow.  Don't know about Sunday.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  To everyone who pm'd...sorry if I haven't gotten back yet.  I will asap.

• Like 1

Hey Trish. Good work so far. Sometimes the nagging craves seem relentless. They just wear you down through their persistence.

It's preparation for the relentless way that the Tar kills you.

Your addiction will play all sorts of tricks on you, tugging on your emotions to get you to smoke.

Sometimes, it's just brute fierce and ignorance. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

It does get better Trish. Honest!

Hope the weekend gives you a break Trsih, but the only way is through it. I think the higher we hold our heads the easier we make it through the majority of it. Wish you luck hosepipe fixing too, that sounds like a pain in the butt. x