The memories still remain...

robf

So I'm having a really crappy day... Within 10 minutes of reading emails I'm shouting across the office about these idiots emailing me and having a massive rant.

My blood pressure is almost certainly dangerously high.

And you know what I thought... Frick this, I'm going for a smoke!

There's plenty of people here who I could steal one from if I wanted to.

So day 467, still getting that pang. Still having that memory of the joy of stepping out of the office when it all gets stupid and having that breathe out and relax cigarette. I know this is not a true representation of the situation, I know a cigarette will not help, probably going for a walk will.

Anyway, I didn't have one... but just saying, they still come!

• Like 3

good job on being bigger than the crave Rob!! 

yes they still come and some are real sneaky - but what we do it about it is the difference

nothing being everything 

hope your day gets better  :D

Great job on not smoking.  You sharing this will send a positive message that there is nothing wrong with somebody if they get a massive crave when they least expect it.  It's completely normal and a lot of people who quit worry that something is wrong.  You can never be quit too long to think that you'll never have a moment like this.  Never.  Once a nicotine addict, always a nicotine addict.

You know what, Rob? This is very helpful to me.

Thank you so much for posting this!

I want you to be all rainbows and butterflies all of the time but if you aren't, thanks for sharing.

You know what, I'm going to take an outside break right now.

Thank you.

:)

I think we will always have triggers - we just have to be prepared no matter how long we have been quit.  Mine are few and far between but ever so often one hits!

Generally , the emails that have me chucking the stapler across the office are ones from people who should know stuff I've told them a million times but seem to have forgotten and then attempt to recreate a whole new "thing" that will override what I've already done and then...they excitedly ask me to work hard and actually make the "thing" they have just thought up, smart little buggers that they are . What makes you start shouting if you don't mind me asking?