Amy, How's It Going?

I am sitting here thinking crap... not  doing good with not smoking and I have been chatting with Tiffany and did pick a new day which is tomorrow.  I am not sure I am ready.  

You can and will do this Amy. Don't sell yourself short. When you first quit, you quit for quite some time. Think back to how you felt in the beginning of your quit. You were so confident and you believed in your self. That was what was pushing you to succeed. You can do it again, only longer this time. You have all the tools at your disposal. You just need to commit to your desire to stay quit. Remember, smoking will never fix anything. There are no benefits to smoking. 

We are here to help, so please reach out to us. 

• Like 2

Hey Amy

Giving up on your goal because of one set back is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat

Familiar?

I know that it can feel impossible, relentless and difficult. 

You have done this before - so you know you can.

If you can't? OK - no worries, you are where you started. No worse.

If you stop trying - well then you will definitely not succeed.

You have read NOPE.

NOPE is half of the phrase for me. I follow NOPE as shown to me by Bakon's buddy Cristobal.

NOT ONE PUFF EVER...just for today.

Quitting smoking is way too scary for me. But you know what? I think I can quit for Today. Then, if I want one, I can go out, buy some and smoke tomorrow. I'll worry about that tomorrow morning.

NOPE just for Today.

When I started - I went hour to hour. Making deals with myself. Every time I got through an hour - I made a decision about the next hour. 

Soon I was at 24 hours. OK - maybe I can do another 24 hours?....

That was 100+ days ago.

I know you can quit for 24 hours.

You know you can quit for 24 hours (you already have several times).

So. When you get up, decide to quit for 24 hours. Give your lungs a break.

Come here - pledge not to smoke  - just for 24 hours.

Tomorrow we can talk again.

Join me Amy.....Not One Puff Ever....just for today ;)

• Like 7

Hi Amy

never give up quitting 

when will you be ready?? that is a very hard question I did not think I would ever be ready as I am addict ;) I think an easier question was when are you going to fight and do it one day at a time?

the more i Thought about it the scarier it was 

I so know you can do this Amy dont let the past hold you back - move forward to the future

I used to have some terrible driving lessons I used to scare the living bajeebas out of my instructor and sometimes I would get out the car and refuse to drive anymore - but eventually I got in and it all clicked into place and i passed my test 

I see the quit as similar , there are good days and bad days but get back into the driving seat and one day you will pass the test or in this case you will be a non smoker

• Like 1

Amy, that is the biggest lie of them all. 

How can you NOT be ready to save your own life ?

Just jump.  We will catch you. 

You can do this and just don't listen to your brain for awhile.  Its a sneaky little bugger. 

I'm thinking about you all day today and sending you the biggest positive vibes !!!!

• Like 1

I am sitting here thinking crap... not  doing good with not smoking and I have been chatting with Tiffany and did pick a new day which is tomorrow.  I am not sure I am ready.

Amy you can do it you know, you honestly can. So shoulders back, head down and crack on...shout if you need us.

• Like 1

I am here- Thanks for all of the support. Today is day 1  :)

Just seen this, fabulous...do not smoke...no matter what....simple as that ;) you are now day 1 to the rest of your life, brilliant news :)

• Like 1

Hi Amy so pleased to see you back on board, don't let the addiction get the better of you, you know that you can do this, you know that you can keep your quit, one day at a time Amy, we are all always here to help and support you, anytime you feel the nasty crave kicking in, stop, calm, breath, NOPE clear your mind of the crave take a walk, bath anything that will help get you through, xx

• Like 1

Amy - Trish. One Dayers.

YOU ROCK!

So - one fluffy leg has agreed to shave both legs from now on..

Amy - lets leave the store and the neighbour alone ;)

Just for today...lets not smoke. I'll go check the Pledge now...you better both be there....just one day at a time.

You can do this guys - and if you ever wanna scream - come here scream at me.

I live with a Peri-menopausal Sicilian dwarf. I fear NOTHING B)

Trish - on the NOPE pledge. Very good.

AMY!

AMY!

Get yourself on that pledge board. Let's get this thing started. One hour, one day, one week at a time.

We are all here to cheer, clap and if necessary carry you on...

• Like 2

good on ya Amy im in your corner with the spit bucket so whenever you feel like crap you give it to me ok

pm me

shout and scream at me 

i am in your corner and we are going to do this

go Amy xxxxx