Ask SharonSiff

sharonsiff

Tell me the story behind your avatar.

What is something CRAZY you have done lately?

Would you go skinny dipping in front of others on a dare?

The Avatar: on holiday, in Tenerife. I am not overly keen on having my photo taken so my friend, Lisa, was making me laugh saying 'say cheese' & ' lights camera action' As you can see I just burst out laughing. Fabulous holiday, loved it.

Crazy thing: hubby and I are like two silly teenagers when our actual teenagers aren't around saying 'stop showing us up!' So it would be last week, the two of us, messing around playing a mini game of hide and seek in the isels of the supermarket.

Skinny dippy: yes, but not in the UK as the sea is freezing cold.

• Like 1

Favourite place you have been to? Favourite you want to go to?

Favourite place has got to be St Luica, just gorgeous! Lee and I married there so it is a very special place to me.

I am very much hoping to go to Thailand in a few years. The food, the sites and the atmosphere excite me just thinking about it.

If you had to pick your all-time favourite song, what would it be? This is a toughy, I know!

Oh my life, this is sooooo hard Leanne..lol

it would have to be this one. It takes me back to a time when all my grandparents were still alive, I was 19 and life was very exciting and this used be played a lot at home and at family parties and it became the family, everyone sing and dance to it, song.

http://youtu.be/-m3VFmc4y5U

• Like 1

How long have you been with your SO and how'd you two meet?

We met 20 years ago this June Leanne. I had been married before (married my first love but he cheated) so was on holiday, in Tenerife, with my friend Yvonne. Met him in a bar called Bonkers bar, how ironic that we both are..lol So it was a holiday romance that carried on and I moved from up north, to down south so we could live happily ever after.

• Like 3

We met 20 years ago this June Leanne. I had been married before (married my first love but he cheated) so was on holiday, in Tenerife, with my friend Yvonne. Met him in a bar called Bonkers bar, how ironic that we both are..lol So it was a holiday romance that carried on and I moved from up north, to down south so we could live happily ever after.

That's so sweet!

And I love the name of the bar, lol.

• Like 1

That's so sweet!

And I love the name of the bar, lol.

Perfectly describes us. We took a family holiday back to Tenerife, to show the girls were we met and were it all started 'the Sifford gang' unfortunately the bar is now a ruddy chicken shack...lol..still, we had a fabulous time making new Tenerife memories with the girls.

• Like 1

If you could go back in time, where would you go and why?

I would definitely go back to being at school age. Every Friday, after school, I would go to my nannies and sleep the whole weekend. I loved her so very much and I just loved being with her, she was my world really. So any age when I would be at my nannies every weekend, and school holidays. She was the best person I ever met in my whole life.

• Like 2

I would definitely go back to being at school age. Every Friday, after school, I would go to my nannies and sleep the whole weekend. I loved her so very much and I just loved being with her, she was my world really. So any age when I would be at my nannies every weekend, and school holidays. She was the best person I ever met in my whole life.

This made me tear up a bit Sharon. Not going to lie! That's so sweet. :) She sounds like she was a wonderful lady.

What are your biggest pet peeves?

• Like 1

This made me tear up a bit Sharon. Not going to lie! That's so sweet. :) She sounds like she was a wonderful lady.

What are your biggest pet peeves?

You would have loved her Leanne, no doubt...she loved music too..lol I have no doubt your mum was one in a million too xx

Pet Peeve...oh so EASY, my daughters not keeping their rooms up straight and tidy...drives me nuts!!!

To be fair though it's likely it really is just me being OCD...just winds me right up...but (deep breath..lol) I have learnt to keep my annoyance to myself. Hard though, very hard ;)

Would you ever live anywhere besides England?

What is your least favorite chore?

Do you believe in ghosts or aliens?  Does your SO?

No, I will always live in England-family and friends too big a pull. Hubby, a few years ago, was offered the chance to relocate to Australia-we said no after months of thinking it over, felt wrong.

Least favourite chore has got to be cleaning windows, just far too many of them!

I used to be a 'woo' but that all changed. Once wrote an article for a skeptic site about my turnaround of thinking (if anyone's interested?) http://www.skepticreport.com/sr/?p=208

Aliens...mmmm...I find it hard to accept that with the vastness of the universe that we are the only living life forms, but that said, I am not yet convinced we have been visited by them.

How often do you embarrass your girls? Do they listen to any fashion advice?

It seems I embarrass them quite often Paul ;) shame....he he he

They do listen to fashion advise, when they ask for it. They are very comfortable in their style tbh but at times they will say 'mum, does this go well with this' Mind you Paul the fashion is very different nowadays, not my cup of tea at times.

You are so sweet to everyone on QT. Do you have much of a temper?

Not really, I tend to laugh at most things. It takes a lot but when I lose it I lose it ;) I think 13 years working with the general public stops you getting too wound up really, and not to take life too seriously.

• Like 1