SOS

Evelyn

Smoking will not do anything positive for you. Sit tight, do not buy any cigs, and this feeling will pass. If you smoke you will feel terrible and have to start from day 1 again... The only way to get through this is to not smoke.

• Like 1

There's never a reason to smoke, no excuse justifies that I light a cigarette so I won't tolerate that I make excuses to light a cigarette.

No matter if I'm depressed, sui, very sad and crying: things will work out because no one ever died of an emotion but people die in attempts to stop the emotions: smoking is also an attempt to numb the emotions and is destructive 

Even if someone is offering me a cigarette - I still have the choice to say no. I'm no slave to my junkie-thinking!

and

Even if I quit the valerian I don't need to prove I can do it cold turkey by lighting up once again, i's a lame excuse to smoke just one 

• Like 1

Junkie thinking: But if I don't have any nicotine anymore I'll panick

Response = We only panick because we have for the fear to quit the nicotine nothing will happen if we sit it out with a NOPE

I know how you feel... But imagine how silly you would feel if you blew a week long quit over boredom! You would be so disappointed!

Is there anything else you can do to take your mind off it? Watch a film, listen to music, play a game?

I know how you feel... But imagine how silly you would feel if you blew a week long quit over boredom! You would be so disappointed!

Is there anything else you can do to take your mind off it? Watch a film, listen to music, play a game?

I'd feel really stupid!!!! And there's nothing on telly and I'm online with music on :)

I see you've gone but in case you come back, you sit tight!!  Run yourself a lovely bubble bath, or go for a walk, we never crave when we are doing physical exercise so get a fitness/yoga/whatever ya fancy program lined up for bad craves. 

other ideas, click your fingers, shout nope, nope shuffle, hard boiled sweet/candy, put on your music or music channel tv and bust a groove dancing.

Do not smoke!!  

Certainly do not smoke for boredom!! 

Plan a new hobby that you can spend your no smoking money on.

((evelyn)) any time you feel like this wrap your arms around you and imagine it's us giving you a hug...and do not smoke. xx

• Like 4

I am watching -- I will be taking care of my mum today so I'll be off and on . Meanwhile your homework is to watch at least 3 of Joel's videos. They are in the newbie package. You have a choice-- some minutes are harder than others though...you head may be telling you you are a piece of shit but it is lying to you . You are a non smoker. You just have to stay that way just for this minute. Then do it again.

Lots of good people here who care!

• Like 1

I hear ya lady.

My kids are driving me nuts, the yard is over run with weeds, hubby is crabby and bossy and I'm overwhelmed.

So guess what happens?

That little (sometimes big) part of my addictive brain/nature kicks in and says

"Fuuck it, just smoke. Who gives a shiit!"

Well...I'm not going to smoke so neither are you!

Got it?!

If I don't 'get' to have one as a momentary solution, then neither do you!

So there.

• Like 2

dont do it evelyn you have done the hardest part one week is no mean feat, have confidence in your ability to wave goodbye to  the nicodemon soon he will be gone for good, you will be smiling from ear to ear

• Like 1

Evelyn, remember, if you ride this out, it gets easier and easier! I don't promise much in life, but I promise that. We are rooting for you! You have a bunch of people out here globally that are your own personal cheer group :)

Spicy cinnamon gum seems to have a bit of a kick to it that helps me to this day.

I hope you hung in there until it passed Evelyn.

I don't know much but I DO know this:

It always passes. Always.

I pulled weeds, told my crabby hubby to go eff himself, bbq'd some burgers, phoned my drinking 'quit buddy' so she could tell me to go apologize to the crabby hubby.

Time and time and time again......it always passes and I'm always glad I didn't smoke.

Evelyn late to the SOS, how you doing, I hope and pray you kept your quit, NOPE NOPE SNOT SNOT repeat over and over if you have to there is no option, there is no excuse, you do not need cigarettes, it is just a thought, and if you feed it, it will grow, do not feed the thought Evelyn, you've got hell week wrapped up and tied with a bow, please don't undo it.