Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Small group training - read 4 of us doing stair runs ( for me that means stair crawls !!) and other tortures !! Next week my 12 week challenge starts agin ... Hurting just thinking about it ! :-)

• Like 1

Intense cardio class.

110 sit-ups

110 mountain climbers

100 squats

60 push-ups (still do them on my knees.)

60 squat thrusts

190 jumping jack

60 step ups on tire

60 wood choppers

Love when we have that class. We mark down on paper to track it and go around to stations on our own. 10 of this 10 of that. I kept the other papers from previous times. Fun to see how much more I'm doing now. How much stronger.

Now off to do the ab challenge. It's going to be tough keeping up with both class and challenge once it gets further.

• Like 1

Session with my new trainer - quite liking the heavy weights but still not sure about the all pink trainer !! Finished up with self imposed tabata .. Guess I am missing burpees !! Did I say that out loud !?

• Like 1

Late afternoon walk at moderate pace - 40 minutes

Evening walk at moderate to brisk pace - 2 hours

Total: 2 hours 40 minutes walking at moderate to moderate/brisk pace

Comment: I feel great! During evening walk completely forgot I was supposed to be in recovery and with lung pain at 5 weeks quit.  My conclusion...is that my issues are either greatly related to anxiety and/or the walking/breathing greatly reduced chest pain. Some pain during afternoon walk but none during evening walk. No pain afterwards. I feel great. That's all! :D

• Like 2

Woke up this morning with incredible knee pain. Ugghhhh.

Skipping leg class today. Those 100 squats from yesterday probably weren't a good idea for me.

Ice, allieve, ice, rest

Just abs challenge today

Great run today, even if it was in the basement. 

5-miler, basement treadmill @32:44 (6:32/mile) 

Fastest 5-miler in 3 years... but not quite an Olde Pharte PR yet (32:03 back in 2012)...and nowhere near a lifetime PR (17-year-old Sarge could go sub-30)

Last real workout before Sunday's 15k at the Heart Mini Marathon 15k (9.3 miles)

• Like 1

Thursday:  40 minute brisk walk, some hills               lungs didn't hurt but felt like paper       creepy

20 minutes throwing hay (at horse ranch)  ...........next time will use nose filter mask.........lungs still feeling vulnerable

Friday:       Nothing because shins slightly sore from all the walking I started this week................and was feeling lazy

Overall: 5 1/2 weeks quit................chest pain and tightness greatly reduced by getting out and exercising this week

3 and 1/2 hours: ranch work - sweeping, throwing hay, barn maintenance, feeding and playing with frisky horses.

None of this strenuous but required continuous movement. It was only afterwards I realized I didn't get

out of breath and actually "forgot" I was in recovery from smoking. No chest pain or tightness.

I practiced deep breathing while near horses and they liked it and kissed my face, and one horse

got nose to nose and did deep breathing right along with me. It was great fun, and very healing.

Today made the most of our beautiful autumn weather and went hiking with Hb - shamed to say haven't done a proper hike for over a year and my butt and legs are now reminding me of this !!

• Like 2