Daily exercise log for everyone :)

So, first day at yoga. Turns out it's the "silver streak" yoga class. Sneeringly, I took my place in the CHAIR that Kathy the instructor gave all of us. I had hoped to get a chair by the door, thinking to escape after a few minutes. A class with over 60 hip replacements was not my idea of a cardio workout. Kathy, her silver hair standing up oddly on the top of her head, looking a bit like a senile rooster, (yes, this does happen), said, "sit here- in the middle of the row." I protested, but she said, "nobody gets to leave until class is over." I looked to see if she was joking, but I could see no smile.

After about 5 minutes, I was aware of muscles I had not even known existed. After20 minutes, it occurred to me that maybe I should wait another couple weeks to heal more from the bicycle accident. Ginger, the 82 year old next to me, said I was doing great for a beginner and everyone felt like that at first. She helped me put my chair back in the stack when class was over.

They have another class Thursday.

• Like 5

Did some time on the treadmill ... Yes I know that sounds like I am in jail - probably quite apt ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

Then a double session with my trainer - including boxing ...am now feeling every muscle in my body !

Have discovered - I keep thinking It will get easier, my trainer (aka la Perra) keeps thinking that means she can push me harder !!

So, first day at yoga. Turns out it's the "silver streak" yoga class. Sneeringly, I took my place in the CHAIR that Kathy the instructor gave all of us. I had hoped to get a chair by the door, thinking to escape after a few minutes. A class with over 60 hip replacements was not my idea of a cardio workout. Kathy, her silver hair standing up oddly on the top of her head, looking a bit like a senile rooster, (yes, this does happen), said, "sit here- in the middle of the row." I protested, but she said, "nobody gets to leave until class is over." I looked to see if she was joking, but I could see no smile.

After about 5 minutes, I was aware of muscles I had not even known existed. After20 minutes, it occurred to me that maybe I should wait another couple weeks to heal more from the bicycle accident. Ginger, the 82 year old next to me, said I was doing great for a beginner and everyone felt like that at first. She helped me put my chair back in the stack when class was over.

They have another class Thursday.

Oh dear.... I'm so sorry Aine, you know I think you're great but I just laughed as it took me quite by surprise a few months back. It's harder then it looks hey!!

Yesterday, I made an attempt at a gym visit, did 4 machine exercises, just 2 sets each.  I wish I could say it went well, but it did not.  At least I tried something.  Technically, I'm supposed to be resting my brain whatever that means, but life doesn't stop for brain resting, right?

• Like 1

Yesterday, I made an attempt at a gym visit, did 4 machine exercises, just 2 sets each.  I wish I could say it went well, but it did not.  At least I tried something.  Technically, I'm supposed to be resting my brain whatever that means, but life doesn't stop for brain resting, right?

How long is one supposed to wait

Ran for 45 min in 30 degree weather.

Tripped at about minute 30 and came very close to sprawling face first onto pavement. :huh:

Also ate a twinkie today.

Ooh my - Twinkie eating - finally a sport I am good at ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

Did a small group fitness class plus some time on the treadmill

I did a couple exercises with dumbells yesterday.  Just about 5 reps for each exercise, to just do something.  

1.  Shoulder presses

2.  Upright rows

3.  Triceps kickbacks

4.  Bicep Curls

Today, I am going to try a couple of planks.

• Like 1

Went to abs and booty class today.  Technically, I am not supposed to be exercising, drinking or doing anything aside from "resting", but well ya know - life!  Never expected I'd be popping a pain pill before a class.  I made it through, but lifting my head doing crunches and such were really painful.  This not being able to exercise properly is terrible.  Not exercising affects my mood negatively.  Need to find a way around it.