Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Gosh, Sarge, that looks like SUCH a fantastic trip! I mean, if one is physically fit enough to do it safely (which I know you are). I assume that those colored lines with numbers represent different paths for ascent. Please do let us know which one you use so we can look at the photo and pretend we can see you.  :) You have a wonderful time, you hear? But please don't break anything (well, don't break anything important ;) ). 

Sarge leaves tomorrow - Boulder, Colorado to climb these:

They may just be looking like this next week, instead.

Miles and miles of hiking.

Thousands and thousands of feet of climbing.

The occasional Mountain Trail Run thrown in, too, if we're not too pooped from climbing.

Easy Peasy

awesome have fun, safe trip sounds grueling but a good challenge, hope the snow holds off  what some people do for kicks and giggles eh? ;)

Wow Sarge, enjoy!

Colleen :(

Finally feel better enough to overdo it (for me)

shred level 2 day 3

15 minutes of the most wonderful strength feeling yoga but can't understand at all what the chap is saying?!

45 minute walk

• Like 1

I ran 2 miles and walked 1/4 kinda disappointed. 

I struggled the last mile, I used to run almost 10K everyday :(

I used to run allll the time but lately I've been doing more metabolic training. I just have gotten a little tired of it I guess. I don't really wanna be alone with my thoughts maybe!

My new shelter dog buddy, Sammy, is a sweetie!

Last week I figured out that the shelter dogs I have been walking are getting no training and darned little human socializing. That's why they were all so hard to handle. So I decided to work consistently with only one or two dogs and really focus on training them.

I've been working with Oliver for the last few weeks. I like Oliver. He does know all the standard commands (sit, stay, down, etc) but he only obeys when he feels like it. And while he doesn't get all goo-goo jumping around and licking people, he does wag his tail when you scratch his ears. So I think that with some intensive training he can make good progress in "canine good manners" and become more adoptable.

I'm also working with another dog, Sampson (aka Sammy). He's young (maybe 14 months) and he has TONS of energy and he loves people. He knows most of the commands but he gets easily distracted by people, dogs, cars, birds, leaves... (you get the picture) so he needs a little more training before he'll be a top adoption candidate.

This morning Oliver was away at an adoption fair so I spent my time with Sammy. After  3 weeks of walking a whole series of difficult dogs, Sammy was a dream. First we had 15 minutes of vigorous play. He had a wonderful time playing ball with me and shaking the rag doll I brought him. Then during the training session, he really tried to sit and stay and so on. Fortunately, he LOVES hot dogs so it was easy to get his attention. 

So although I like Oliver and I think that he needs my attentions more than Sammy does, it was fun for once to just go play with and do some simple bits of training with a friendly, cooperative dog. I think this new system (more time with fewer dogs) may work out better for me and for the dogs. And I will finally be able to get some exercise (which is where this whole thing started  :) ). 

• Like 3

Beth and Beacon, you're setting a good example. One of the main reasons I quit smoking was so that I could get fit enough to go mountain biking. I was working on it pretty regularly for a while but then slacked off. Because of you I'm going to get back to it. It will definitely help that the weather is cooler now. Let's all do this!!

Ok I'm back....fell off the diet & exercise wagon for a bit, put back 3 of the 11lbs I lost before. Now wanna lose 3 - 5lbs and tone up before I get back to UK (1 month). Re - started ripped in 30 today (level 1) :)

Guess where I was before dawn this morning?  Yep, the gym.  Lat pull downs, 2 sets and seated pulley rows, 2 sets.  Than 30 mins spin class.  To be honest, I wasn't completely feeling it.  Still feel slightly junky, but it was a start.  It has given me some of energy back :)