Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Day 6 of level 3...but I've been eating way too much of the wrong food & I've put on a few lbs :(

It happens chick, chin up, chest out and start again today. The few lbs may well shift quicker as they are recent. Lots of water too, flushes those extra pounds :) x

• Like 1

Well, you can laugh all you want to at Jack LaLane but he was the very first person to offer Americans fitness coaching IN THE HOME (i.e., on television). I remember how he galvanized my mother's generation and got them to start exercising. Good for him! He was soon displaced by Richard Simmons with his energy and humor and Richard was soon displaced by Jane Fonda with her exercise videos (in your home AND at your preferred time!). I know-- more than you ever wanted to know about home exercising. But somebody had to have the idea first and that was Jack LaLane.

Did my dog walking today. Three dogs @ 20 minutes each.

I'm not sure how many calories I burn doing this--not as many as I had hoped. These are rescue dogs (almost all pit bulls and rotweilers) who have not been socialized and don't actually know how to "walk" on a leash. They run ahead and pull your arm out of the socket then stop dead while they sniff something in the grass. So my response as a volunteer dog walker is supposed to be to stop walking until they come back and walk next to me. With most dogs that would be fine, but these dogs are stubborn and very excited to be out. So it's walk, stop, walk, stop, walk, stop, walk, stop... And sometimes they get confused and wrap the leash around my legs and THEN pull like mad!! (A-a-r-r-g-g-h!). Periodically we take a break I spend a few minutes teaching them "sit" and "stay". But then it's back to walk, stop, walk, stop... 

I'm pretty sure that if I can manage to walk the same 3 dogs 3 times a week they will start to get the hang of walking WITH me instead of pulling ahead (I get to request which dogs I want to walk). Then we will be able to build up some speed and consistency and I can start burning calories. But in the meanwhile, having a 75 pound, well-muscled pit bull pulling your arm out of the socket and wrapping the leash around your legs for an hour is exhausting. 

• Like 3