Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Day 1 level 2 of Ripped in 30. Couldn't do a lot of the moves :( I'll get there though. (Didn't think I'd be exercising 6 days a week a couple months ago so anything is possible).

Well, Gemzee, it's nice to know that even you have SOME limits! I began to think that you are Superwoman or something!

You go conquer Level 2 now, you hear??!!

• Like 1

I down loaded an app to my phone. It tells me how far I've walked, speed, etc.

I use it when I walk the perimeter of the dog park. I was bummed when I found out it's only 1/4 mile perimeter.

Guess I'll  be making several trips around :)

I still hate you athletic, fit people... but I did walk a half a mile today.  Took me about 10 minutes.  my plan it to try to do that 3 times a day.  Finding motivation to keep at it is the hardest part.  Where do you dig it up from?  HELP ME!!!

• Like 2

Day 2 level 2 of Ripped in 30. Tiny bit better than yesterday.....gotta keep pushing through & I'll get there.

Today was my 6 week weigh day...I've lost 11lbs so far :D Even though I'd love to lose a few more lbs, I'm gonna work on maintaining for a few weeks as that's what I struggle with the most.

This weekend though I will eat whatever the hell I like (think I deserve that for a whole year smoke free!).

• Like 1

I still hate you athletic, fit people... but I did walk a half a mile today.  Took me about 10 minutes.  my plan it to try to do that 3 times a day.  Finding motivation to keep at it is the hardest part.  Where do you dig it up from?  HELP ME!!!

Becca, the whole reason I post on this fitness thread is because I want people to see that even a fat, middle-aged, unfit former smoker can turn things around. You do NOT have to be young, thin, fit or athletic to get some regular exercise and improve your nutrition. The principle of taking small steps but being consistent is absolutely the same for all of us.

Staying motivated, as you say, is the hard part. For me, I used the same approach as I did for quitting smoking. I have some very clear fitness goals for myself and when I don't feel like exercising I say to myself, "Which do you want more, to be fit and healthy a year from now or to continue to sit on the couch and eat from boredom?" It works for me.  

• Like 1

Darn I can't quote on this thread either.  Anyway Chrysalis, I am that fat, middle ages, ex smoker too.  The difference is, I've been fat all my life.  Before I quit smoking I was at least comfortable in my fatness.  I could move around, go for a walk... etc.  But since I quit smoking I feel like I've gained a 100 lbs.  I will find out in a few days just how much cuz I'm heading to the doctor to get better edu-umic-ated on weight loss, eating healthy, etc.  At least its a jumping off point.  And like you said, I'm trying to tackle this as I tackled the quit smoking.  Trying to get into the same mind set.  I just got to do it!

Darn I can't quote on this thread either.  Anyway Chrysalis, I am that fat, middle ages, ex smoker too.  The difference is, I've been fat all my life.  Before I quit smoking I was at least comfortable in my fatness.  I could move around, go for a walk... etc.  But since I quit smoking I feel like I've gained a 100 lbs.  I will find out in a few days just how much cuz I'm heading to the doctor to get better edu-umic-ated on weight loss, eating healthy, etc.  At least its a jumping off point.  And like you said, I'm trying to tackle this as I tackled the quit smoking.  Trying to get into the same mind set.  I just got to do it!

I was too.  At 5'3" I was pushing 220 after quitting.  I felt like an elderly woman, aches and pains.  Couch potato.  Now I barely watch tv.  Baby steps Becca.  I started riding my bike b/c I couldn't sit still.  It had absolutely nothing to do with being fit lol.  Somehow, I got hooked.  You don't have to go walking if you don't like it.  Find something you like.  Play basketball or laser tag.  Both are fun and get your heart racing.

• Like 3

Becca - if you can quit smoking you can do anything ! Start small and work up to it - and celebrate your progress just like you did your quit milestones. Also make sure you try new things - you never know what you will like unless you try it! For me - I discovered spin and am now trying to run .. Something I never thought was possible a few years ago !

• Like 2

I was too.  At 5'3" I was pushing 220 after quitting.  I felt like an elderly woman, aches and pains.  Couch potato.  Now I barely watch tv.  Baby steps Becca.  I started riding my bike b/c I couldn't sit still.  It had absolutely nothing to do with being fit lol.  Somehow, I got hooked.  You don't have to go walking if you don't like it.  Find something you like.  Play basketball or laser tag.  Both are fun and get your heart racing.

Well, Colleen, I had just decided to skip my workout today for some trumped-up excuse (I think it was something to do with the weather this time). Reading your post helped to change my mind-- if I want results like yours I had better put in effort like yours, don't you think??!!  :yes:

I'll post more once I come back all hot and sweaty.  :P

• Like 1