Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Ran 3 miles yesterday....it was rough because my knee still hurts.  :(  This is upsetting because I do love running.  I wore a compression knee sleeve and that helped a little.

Today i rest...take Allieve and iced my knee a bit.  Tonight I think I'll do yoga...need to stretch

Roller skating in my kitchen. (I have a big kitchen.) True, now!

The gym is closed today due to weather. I did stuff this morning on my own but not nearly as hard as when I'm in class.

Don't kmow if I am more scared of a world so big that kitchens are that big or a world so cold gyms close ! Could someone play some thinking music !! :-)

Elliptical for me ..and finished with a Tabata session ... 4 minutes of hell ! ... Just say'n !! :-)

• Like 1

Sarge set a new OldMan PR during this morning's training run:

10k (6.2 miles) @ 39:36 (6:23/mile)

Still a loooooong way to go to beat 17-year-old Sarge, but 45-year-old Sarge is a happy camper today.

First race of the Spring season in less than 2 weeks. Looking for an age-group medal. Top 3 in the old man 45-49 age group for the 15k (9.3 miles) @ http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Affiliate/2015-Heart-Mini_UCM_317611_Event.jsp

• Like 4

Sarge set a new OldMan PR during this morning's training run:

10k (6.2 miles) @ 39:36 (6:23/mile)

Still a loooooong way to go to beat 17-year-old Sarge, but 45-year-old Sarge is a happy camper today.

First race of the Spring season in less than 2 weeks. Looking for an age-group medal. Top 3 in the old man 45-49 age group for the 15k (9.3 miles) @ http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Affiliate/2015-Heart-Mini_UCM_317611_Event.jsp

respect!!!!!!!

Yesterday small group training - including boxing, legs and some running( read shuffling ) with weights.!!

Today training with my new trainer - had to tell her to work me a bit harder as I know I slacked off a bit !! Then finished with self induced tabata ... I think that was my form of penance for not working as hard as I should of earlier ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 2

Today's class taught me a valuable lesson.  The theme of the class was modifications.  The whole time we modified the exercises...as if we had a bad knee, or bad back...you know, low level, no jumping..I thought for sure it would be easy but it turned out to be one of the hardest classes I ever took.  The sweat was pouring out of me...out of all of us.  It was insane.

I am a true believe in modifications now..,,,no matter what physical limitations...they can always be modified to suit you and still get that cardio exercise each day that we all need.

• Like 2

Did some interval type exercise today for 50 minutes......2 min walking on a 15% incline at 3.5 mph and 2 min running at 5.3 mph on a 2% incline. I have ait on Saturday I havent run outside (or on treadmill until today) for the past 2 weeks cause it has been flippin cold outside but it is suppose to warm up a bit in the next couple of days and be about 36 on saturday which would be fine to run in I just need to decide if I want to or not.....it is either run in the race or I will run closer to home but I am going to run outside on saturday either way. 

• Like 1

Get tired just reading about all this exercise. I'm starting day one of month two of quit, and am really going to have to push through the fatigue. My kitchen isn't that big...for roller skating in...you just have to go in tight circles. Just wanted to check in here to set the intention. I want to be honest and say I'm not feeling it (desire to exercise) in my gut...and have an insane fear that my lungs are going to blow up or something if I exercise too much. But I have noticed already that I feel BETTER WHEN I MOVE AROUND. PLEASE, PLEASE don't laugh and make fun...my lungs still feel really burned out...or my chest is really tight or something...

• Like 1

well keep reading cpk, because this is a very inspiring thread  :)

when I was actively smoking...I was afraid to exercise.  I always had a headache whenever I did any cardio...I was probably a jumping jack away from a stroke.

But since I quit...not one headache.  Not one!

• Like 1

Apologies for this long post... :help:

I will probably keep a record and post once weekly. I'm one month one day quit...

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM GOING TO

GET FAT BECAUSE OF THIS QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER...I feel like if I exercise with vigor my lungs are going to blow up or collapse. Sooooo ridiculous and absurd! :wacko:

This has NEVER EVER happened to me before but I

have a weird fear about the state of my lungs. :help:   (I'm not coughing...breathing improves daily. I THINK this fear

is psychosomatic, not physical.)

Also, my energy levels are so messed up. Most nights I don't so much

go to sleep as pass out...literally. My mind is so ready...but whose body do I have??? I'm not going to start daily postings

that say, "Vacuumed -- great workout!" or "Walked to the neighborhood library - well done me!" - because that's just lame!

I have always been active, but now I see that bit by bit the smoking was stealing my energy, and I was in the addict's state

of denial. :(

Maybe this doesn't bother other new quitters, but it makes me feel like crying...this loss of my ability to exercise... :girl_sad:

I'll post once a week. I'll attempt to do some REAL EXERCISE  a few times a week  -- and post it... :wink3:

• Like 1

my class had a 90 minute makeup class and I didn't go....I chose to sleep in and now I feel really guilty.   They are posting on facebook how great it was.  :(

But I did do Babs Abs..lol

Besides...I have an intense day of cleaning planned --more than the usual, I am sure I'll be getting exercise today

I didnt run the chilly chippewa (didnt feel driving 20 miles to the race and felt like sleeping in) but I did run 3.75 miles with cody locally feel much better about that because it felt like my time, plus I can tell I haven't run in 2 weeks my legs feel worn out lol cody is laying in the sun in the kitchen. I wore him out. lol

• Like 1