Treats - crucial part of my early quit, you?

I was just chatting and remembering in the early days how I held on. There were mutiple things but one of the major ones was treats!!  With the money I saved I lined up small treats and some bigger. Takeaway burger day 2, random "I don't smoke so I'll buy that" treats through to passport purchases end of month one to enable a family holiday with future savings. 

What were your early treats, do you remember??

Asking as we have a number of people early quits right now and it may help to give them ideas what they could do with their non smoke savings :) xx

• Like 4

Most of my rewards were small, but I think they helped a lot.  At a week, I purchased a fancy water bottle (it just broke yesterday lol), 6 months gym membership, 9 months cool looking gloves for weight lifting, 11 months bike shoes and at a year I will have my hair professionally colored ( I usually do it myself), maybe even a keratin treatment as well.  Reward yourself at every milestone, the money is not being spent on cigarettes, might as well spend it on you.

• Like 5

I told myself that if I quit smoking for one month, I would buy myself a computer, which I did :)

Now I just buy little things here and there to cheer myself up... You are reminding myself that I haven't bought anything for myself for a few days!

• Like 5

This is my NOPE bracelet I got for two months (you will have to click on it to see it!)  One the inside is says Not One Puff Ever, and A puff away from a pack a day.

Edited by Nancy
  • Like 10

This is my NOPE bracelet I got for two months (you will have to click on it to see it!)  One the inside is says Not One Puff Ever, and A puff away from a pack a day.

I want one!

• Like 3

I bought a bicycle :-) and used it to have some escape and excercise time, I would ride to do my weekly visit to my Grandmother instead of driving, and listen to "the easyway" audiobook whilst riding :-)

• Like 4

first month I treated myself to new clothes and shoes, and am putting money every week towards my debt and reducing it quicker and Nancy we all want one of your 

definitely want one xxx

• Like 1

first month I treated myself to new clothes and shoes, and am putting money every week towards my debt and reducing it quicker and Nancy we all want one of your 

definitely want one xxx

I don't remember where I ordered it from...I thing somewhere on Etsy...I will see if I can find it...

I don't remember where I ordered it from...I thing somewhere on Etsy...I will see if I can find it...

I want one!

definitely want one xxx

This is where I got mine...

Ok....-sigh- I'm a selfish, self-centered brat....I bought myself treats all the time even when I was smoking.

Now....I just don't need to rationalize or justify my purchases.

Well...other than to say "I'm not spending 10.50 on cigarettes"

My newest treat: bigger pants.

Huh.

They didn't feel like such a 'treat'.

I think I went overboard on the food treats.......