Not me!

Parsley

hubby just went out to smoke again... not me!

hubby came back in , he stinks....not me!

hubby ran out of smokes last night  and had to go to town....not me!

hubby coughing.....not me!

went to stores today, I went right in, hubby hung back to smoke, in the cold wind.....not me!

will be cold in the morning when he goes out to smoke...not me!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hello Parsley,

Watch what he does every minute as a smoker, and remember that not a very long time ago, this was you.

You will see then, in a more clear light, how absurd the addiction really is, when you are outside of the addiction and looking inside.

At the same time, this will reforce your quit and it will become stronger. You may find that you may be inspiration for him, as every smoker secretly wants to quit. Of this, I am convinced 100%.

My wife joined me in my quit after seeing that I had arrived at 8 days. Once she saw I could do it, she did it also. Now, almost 6 years later, we both continue happily with our quits, almost as if we never had smoked in our lives. The addiction goes to sleep in every way you can imagine. Only time will convince you, of this. Your quit is still quite young, but you must trust me, and others who have quit before you.

With time, you will live your life in peace. Not only with yourself, but with the world around you. The memories of being a smoker will become old, and you will be born again in every way you can imagine, once you put time between your last cigarette and your present.

Keep going forward, and do not ever look back. There is nothing for you behind you, except complete slavery of everything that you are, and awful and painful diseases and death that may have your name if you ever decide to smoke again.

Finally - remember that you came into this life alone, and you will leave this life alone. What your husband does is his decision, but do not ever let his decision become yours.

Keep your quit, and protect it as if your life depends with it.

Because it does, and your life is only yours to keep and to protect.

Cristóbal

Edited by Cristóbal
  • Like 8

Good for you Parsley, and I agree with Cristobal. I sometimes sit outside with my sister when she is smoking. The smoking doesnt bother me, but the smell does, and I feel so sorry for her that she HAS to do it. Being free is so much better.

Keep setting the example, and he may follow suit...........

Edited by catlover
  • Like 6

My husband, too, Parsley. ?

My favorite is when he's all but begging to go to the store so he can sneak one and I say, "Well, we can all go."

And, then I get to see the panic and desperate sweat beads form on his forehead.

Mwhaha!?

• Haha 4

Yes....all of you....he has plans to quit in November and I believe he will. He has been an awesome supporter for me!  He has cut way back already too!

We are going on a week trip leaving wed. ...

He may just quit then.... We will be driving a lot of miles and he won't be able to smoke and drive , he does not smoke around me 

• Like 5