Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello everyone

Featured Replies

  • Author
12 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Blur..

Ok you've, smoked...but your here..so that tells me deep down you want to quit...

We have quitters here who used NRT...if it helps...all roads lead to Rome ....

You smoked because you still feel that cigarettes offer you something.....

Please stay around and read ,read and read some more...

Learn all you can about this horrible addiction...a addiction which is killing you slowly....

Once you understand smoking offers you nothing ...you will want to quit for good ...

Only this month , I tried to quit after every pack of ciggarettes I buyed, trust me that I still want to do it, but cold turkey does not work, also you are right , maybe I did not educate myself enough.

Understand this addiction ...knowing what keeps us hooked ...

Education will be your tools Blur...

Once I had my tool box full of ways to help me quit...and the support here...I quit for good ....after 52 years...you can too...

Hey Blur,

 

Sorry i'm late in welcoming you, but I see you've had no lack of motivation or support. 

 

I guess I'll only be able to reinforce what other, more experienced people than me have told you. 

 

This was not my first attempt at quitting, and I'm only 2 months into it. I won't lie and say life won't throw you any more curveballs. If anything, you may feel more coming your way. But get over your need to smoke by dealing only with one crave at a time, don't plan ahead, don't say ok I'm going to be a year quit soon. That only takes the focus away. 

One craving at time, let those 3-5 minutes pass, have a tea, a walk, talk to someone, watch a funny video, come on here and play the games...whatever works for you. Deal with each craving in an isolated fashion, and then before you know it, they will add up.

 

Best of luck on your quit, and yes, post an SOS if you feel you might smoke and you'll get tons of help.

Guard your quit as much as you'd guard the most precious thing you have (in a way you are, coz you're guarding your and others right to a healthy life).

 

Best of luck!!!

I'm sorry to hear this, blur.  As others have said, education and support can really help you so please stick around and read as much as you can about the addiction.

 

7 hours ago, blur said:

Only this month , I tried to quit after every pack of ciggarettes I buyed, trust me that I still want to do it, but cold turkey does not work, also you are right , maybe I did not educate myself enough.

 

I got to this point as well, where I made many short attempts to quit that failed.   I was miserable as a smoker and miserable when I was trying to quit.  When you finally quit for good, that misery of fighting with the addiction slowly fades away.  You will eventually be really happy you put this crap behind you but it does take time and it can be tough.

 

I quit cold turkey but it took me several attempts to do so.  I later found out that quite a few people on these boards successfully quit by using a NRT (nicotine replacement therapy).  You may want to talk to your doctor about these if you feel cold turkey isn't an option.  (I would advise strongly against vaping or e-cigs though)

 

The important thing is that you don't smoke.

Sorry you relapsed @blur.  Most of us have had failed quits or been so gungho only to have nicotine (temporarily) win us back. Stop smoking where you usually do, keep telling yourself that it's time to quit and that you're over it. Think of  all the positives quitting will do for you. You can do it, we are all proof. You just need to believe in yourself :) 

Hey blur,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

I really appreciate your honesty.

 

Quitting an addictive substance can be seriously challenging,  we all know that.

The reason we are successful quitters is because we educated ourselves about addiction and kept a commitment to ourselves to never have another puff ever.

You can quit, blur, this isn't rocket science.  

 

There is no reason to beat yourself up about relapsing or having trouble quitting.  

It is time to pick yourself up and start respecting your decisions, start being kind and generous to yourself.

Start using your power.  You will make yourself really happy, baby.  No kidding.

 

I would suggest reading or listening to Alan Carr on youtube here and watching a TON of Joel's videos here.

These men help a lot of people have successful quits by teaching them about addiction and leading them to a clearer mind space.

 

Try this one, especially if you are thinking of torturing yourself by cutting back to three smokes a day

Quitting by Gradual Withdrawal

 

I have every confidence in you, blur, to quit smoking.

You will quit when you want to quit more than you want to smoke

and I hope you come to that decision as soon as you can.

Freedom is delicious.

S

 

p.s.  Cold turkey DOES WORK.  NRT's work also.

There is no wrong way to quit.

Cold Turkey was the simplest, quickest and the best FOR ME

but, if I didn't WANT to quit , nothing would have worked.

 

Edited by Sazerac

  • Author

Today I will try to listen to the entire Allen Carr audiobook and try again to regain my freedom from these poisonous sticks

Go Blur...we are with you!!!

Go for it Blur you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

  • Author

Guys, halway through Allen Carr audiobook, I will come back soon !!!

This time forever.

  • Author

Just finished Allen Carr audiobook. 1 minute smoke-free. Thank you all for supporting me.

Just believe in yourself blur, if I can do it you can do it! It won't always be easy but those times are when you come on here and tell us how your feeling. We will do everything we can to help you past those moments :) 

Once you commit to your decision to quit smoking

everything falls into place.

Not to say it is a walk in the park

but, you will have the fortitude to get through.

 

You can quit smoking, blur.

All you have to do is never stick a smoke in your mouth and set it on fire.

Those two actions are ridiculous.

Allen Carr's book helped me, along with the support of many here and that's what it finally took for me. One thing that finally stuck in my head was when someone told me you have to want to quit more than you want to smoke.....period. you can do this ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.