From today

Doreensfree

Im officially retired....my letter stating I will not be going back ,would have been recieved today....

This is a new chapter in my life.....I'm going to have to think of what do I want to happen in my life....

My time is limited as tony needs a carer,but will have to do something....to stop me going bonkers....

• Like 10

Congrats on your retirement!

My dad was supposed to retire ages ago, but he can't sit still so he went back.

However, they've laid him off, so he has no choice. 

I think it's just a matter of finding some new hobbies. I'm sitting at home right now, waiting to start a new path in life. Sometimes I go crazy sitting around, but I have developed a love for new things. They keep me occupied. :) 

I understand that, you also need something for you and your brain. Assuming you get carers allowance you may be entitled to some financial support towards college courses??  Have you got the job centres number or a case worker person thingy? 

Awww Doreen - happy retirement please make sure you do take up something nice and fun as that time can easily get swallowed up with blimming chores otherwise

im thinking you could do

pole dancing lessons

salsa lessons 

something like that - well that what you could tell Tony but really get down to bingo ;)

whatever you do - you deserve a nice time and a rest xxx

Congratulations Doreen...You dont need to worry about finding things to do...you will wonder how you got everything done when you worked :P ..I heard that many times before i (kinda) retired in January, and I have to say, everyone who made that comment was right...lol..I think I wanted to get so much done, it didn't seem like there was enough hours in the day...I was "retired" for 4 moths before I went back to work...funny...the date I left work coincides with my quit date  ;) ...I have since gone back to work, but keeping my quit.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your many adventures you will surely have  :)

Oh wow Doreen, more time to spend with Dottie and Tony.  You could take a computer class to learn how to post pictures lol or volunteer at the local animal shelter.  I know Tony needs you to do a lot for him, but please take a little time for just you!