Lazy but need to exercise?!

What the best bang for my buck so to speak on the exercise front please oh healthier ones??  How often should I be doing this whatever it is and for how long too?

So I'm gonna admit it, I'd rather be doing pretty much anything but exercise, I've felt like that since I had my first child almost 9 years ago.  Before that I was super active, danced, gym, classes - I am even a qualified circuit trainer and aerobic instructor, in honesty mostly because I wanted to do evening classes and it sounded more interesting then the other course, but still.... Now, meh, I'd rather sit and have a glass of vino of an evening and watch the TV that is finally not on frikkin c beebies or some tripe like that.  

But I'm a bit tubby now lol. So I need to shift about a stone in weight and I don't need to do it fast, not going anywhere, just consistant.

All help greatfully received!!

PS, I am not a runner, or a walker, it's very built up in my town but regardless I am budget conscious and the gear costs a fortune, I want a Florida holiday more than a beach body lol.

Damn. Tell Chris I tried!

Well - do you know any aerobic instructors or qualified circuit trainers you could ask? 

Oh wait.... :P

I believe the official advice is 30 mins a day will get you trim - although if you start doing that you will want to do more - endorphins etc...

A good old fashioned walk is not a bad start??

Well if you live cycling distance to work then I'd choose that. I got on my bike for my quit and haven't looked back since. Although I'm still a little more covered than I'd like to be I don't think I'm looking too bad for a 40 year old! And I've got legs and backside of steel! Extremely happy from the waist down!

Just wish my upper body was better!

Marti try to find something you like to do.  I started cycling when I first quit.  Now, I do it at the gym and do weight machines there too.  I hated exercise, now I get antsy when I can't get to the gym.

I can only do something at home, due to finances and timings. I just don't know if I should aim Cardio - like dancing fitness, or weights, or maybe yoga/pilates type thing to build core muscles?  Not sure where to start.  In honesty I won't want to do any of it, bit like quitting for me I think, the thought is worse than the actual thing ;)  

Found a yoga thing and some crazy beach body tone thing. It is clear I am sadly, not, beach ready like the skinny bimbo says...but I'm sure I will be waif like in no time flat :)  God bless fitness tv and you tube for free stuff yay!  Floaty light here I come!

Marti there are lots of good personal training apps that you could use - just put in your goals, what equipment you have and they can come up with some killer workouts.

Also - do some investigation into Tabata workouts - I'm on my iPad so too hard o type the full details !! but they are super quick

• Like 1

I don't want to spend any money on anything at the moment. I promised my girls disneyland in October, it's what finally prompted me to quit. Whilst I have done little treats here and there I really want that holiday for us so don't want to spend out on classes, memberships, posh shoes etc. After christmas and next year, then I can do some things for me and yes, a gym may well come into that.  Also my timings are weird with a child at full time school, another at nursery and a full time caring role for my mum. So I have pockets of time here and there.  It's all good, found a couple of things I won't mind doing and feeling a nice but not bad burn on my legs today after yesterdays workout. I got up to 10st 11lbs, I'm not a tall woman, so this doesn't look right on me so need to shift it back to 9 1/2 ish, not worried about specifics, just healthy weight and fit in my clothes :)  

I will have a look at Tabata Pippa, thanks :)

3 times a week is right for exercise isn't it?  

Tabata description:

The idea is to increase your heart rate to its maximum by “going completely mental” for 240 seconds. This is supposed to give you both aerobic and anaerobic benefits (both cardio and muscle workout). But we’re talking about four minutes of pain.

Fare thee well kind friends, I will die smoke free I assure you ;)  haha. Maybe on friday then when there are no kids to crawl after!

• Like 1

Hey Marti - 3 times is the recommended minimum ... Sorry !

Tabata can kill if you do it properly .... When you have time - it is also great to add on at the end of a steady state cardio day - but in the crazy real world - even on its own will give benefits - my trainer made me do it with burpees once - not recommended for the faint hearted !

3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

Edit - oh and if you do the burpee version - maybe a fond farewell kiss for family and friends wouldn't go astray !