Fatal accident near my old house,and weird " chain of events"

joe

I actually read this story while at my daughters house in Pickerington (near Columbus & our own LadyBug)..We were there because we couldn't get together on Easter, so we met at her house this last Saturday.

This is tragic, and what are the odds of me being related to one driver and my brother being related to the other driver, (both by marriage)

First the story:

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/article/20140427/NEWS01/304270014/Clyde-woman-dies-Ohio-19-crash

hopefully the link works...

This may get confusing, so bare with me....

The 25 year old driver of the mini van (Alyson Johnson) is my wifes nephews fiancee ...(more like his wife already, they have children together)...

ok

My brothers wife has a nephew who is married to "Tammy"...her Mother is...yep...the 69 year old driver of the car ,Judith Hansen....

So...my wifes niece is life flighted to a larger hospital (and the passenger also)..they are both in serious, but stable condition....

my sister-in-laws nieces' Mother is also life flighted from the accident scene, but dies at the hospital...

And if that isn't already weird and tragic enough, "Tammy" (my sister-in-laws niece) was at the funeral home making arrangements for her father (who passed away the day before) when she got the call from the State Troopers about her Mother !! (her Mother and Father were divorced)..I just can not imagine....

We are also good friends with them, ..... many times me and our girls and my brother and his boys and Danny and Tammy and their kids (a boy and a girl) would all load up the campers for a week-end get away (his kids are a couple years younger than my youngest)..

Actually the "whole" story gets even weirder...kinda...I used to live in that small town (Green Springs) for 25 years or so before I bought my grandmothers house and moved...I still own the "old" house and rent it to my sisters boy.....my nephew....he rents it because the town has a volunteer fire dept that he wants to be part of, so he must live in that town....and, he happened to be the first responder to the accident scene (about 1 mile from his house)...now, he isnt related to anyone involved in the accident and didnt know about me and my brothers connection until I told him yesterday while doing some repairs to the house...

He told me that while at last moths fire meeting, they had a power point presentation at the station showing some of the fire calls and rescues that they have been involved with....He said I made the "highlight" reel...about 20 years ago, at the next intersection from Saturdays accident, I was also in a very similar accident where a women ran the stop sign and hit us broad side, causing  our truck to "barrel roll" 6 times...the "jaws of life" was used to get us out,we were pretty bruised up, but no "major" injuries..

Whats the movie..Seven degrees?...more like 2 degrees...

All in all my week-end coulda went a little better....

Steelers

Now ya know that will never happen....lol...us Brown fans are loyal, we didnt jump on a band wagon in the 70's (like most stealer fans)...just because the browns havent won a championship in the "new era"...(aka Super Bowl).. is no reason to abandon one of the most winningest teams in the history of the game...the "new" regime sure is testing my patients though...but I will never be a Stealers fan...(and I know how to spell it  ;) )

• Like 1