Making Progress

Milestone reached today.  I forgot how many days it's been since I quit.  HAHAHAHAH!  Not for long, of course.  The math was easy enough - it's only been 17 days.  But, this morning is the first day that I didn't know EXACTLY how long it's been and had to count them out.  :)

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, TravellingSunny said:

Milestone reached today.  I forgot how many days it's been since I quit.  HAHAHAHAH!  Not for long, of course.  The math was easy enough - it's only been 17 days.  But, this morning is the first day that I didn't know EXACTLY how long it's been and had to count them out.  :)

Love ^^^ this ^^^^   wow !!!....brilliant ....way to go TS !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is great!  Congrats Sunny. I can only imagine, but nice to have a glimpse/reminder of those things to come. Thanks so much for sharing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TravellingSunny said:

Fantastic milestone!

So Sunny are you counting in weeks starting now? It's still not been that long for me, but I'm enjoying counting in months rather than days and weeks as it was at the start (not as impressive as our Doreen I realize).

See you hitting that milestone as well soon enough. You're doing great.

• Like 2

TS this is a great milestone in your quit.  Soon you will have to try and figure out the number of weeks.  Just this last week I knew I was at 4 full months of no smoking but I had let the anniversary date go by without thinking about it until my  celebration post came up from the pig lover.  I felt really good about that.  I am also going through the days now without thinking about smoking much (still creeps up a couple of times a day).  These little milestones are important in our quit, it is proof that our minds are becoming rewired without the nicotine, that we are finding out that we can really do thins and conquer the monster!!!!

• Like 4

The countdown mindset ceases.  Eventually, the anniversary celebrations start to run together.  And before you know it, being a nonsmoker becomes your new normal.

Vigilance and patience with the process will offer up a great return on your investment.

• Like 2

You are doing great.  I remember when I counted hours smoke free.

17 days smoke free is a huge accomplishment.  Those first few days and weeks are big victories and it does gradually get easier and become less of a big deal.  It definitely sounds like you are making huge progress in becoming more used to life as a nonsmoker.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Sslip said:

Fantastic milestone!

So Sunny are you counting in weeks starting now? It's still not been that long for me, but I'm enjoying counting in months rather than days and weeks as it was at the start (not as impressive as our Doreen I realize).

See you hitting that milestone as well soon enough. You're doing great.

I think I'll start counting in weeks once I hit 21 days.  For now, it still feels good to see the number grow every day - it's like a little gold star I give myself.  HAHAHAH!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TravellingSunny said:

I think I'll start counting in weeks once I hit 21 days.  For now, it still feels good to see the number grow every day - it's like a little gold star I give myself.  HAHAHAH!

You could also wait til you hit 30 days which is a solid month. That would give you another week and then some of acquiring gold stars.

Of course the longer we go without smoking, the less of a big deal the time seems.

But then saying "over four weeks" many be more motivating than saying "30 days". Whichever psyches you up best of course.

One day after a few months you probably won't want to sit there and try to figure out "how many days" cause it will be in the 100's.

Just really commit to memory the feeling of beating the craves. They do come and go, and sometimes hit the hardest when we have our guard down, when we think it is safe.

But then you think, "I made it this far without caving, I can do this".

• Like 2