It has been a good morning

lml

Good morning ?. Today is day 7 and I am pleasantly surprised to find that I have only thought if having a cig a couple times and I quickly noped them away. I feel good this morning... Both mentally and physically and am taking the time to build up my reserves for what comes next. I am going to step 2 tomorrow and I am preparing for the battles. I hope everyone is doing well and keeping strong.

• Like 5

Congratulations on getting through hell week lml :) Like jo said, reach out if the step down is hard. And don't be hard on yourself if you need to go back up for a little longer. A lot of people make the mistake of stepping down too soon and relapse. We don't want that to be you :) I hope you have a great day too!

1 hour ago, lml said:

Good morning ?. Today is day 7 and I am pleasantly surprised to find that I have only thought if having a cig a couple times and I quickly noped them away. I feel good this morning... Both mentally and physically and am taking the time to build up my reserves for what comes next. I am going to step 2 tomorrow and I am preparing for the battles. I hope everyone is doing well and keeping strong.

Good Morning, Iml.

I'm glad you are having a break from quitting madness and building up reserves for the next onslaught. 

It makes it harder when we get blindsided but, craves may well surprise you, that's just the nature of the beast.

All we can do is be vigilant.

I am throwing in support to your plan for step 2.

Just the concept of having a plan can be mighty helpful in a quit.

Congratulations, you quit smoking.  You'll be nicotine free in no time !

Edited by Sazerac

Thank you all so much for your words of ecouagement, support, and advice. I am feeling so much postive energy from you all and it means a lot. And it is good to know that there is a group of quitters from around the world that have my back when I need it. ?

• Like 3

That first week - oh, man!  Sounds so easy... just DON'T smoke.  You can do anything else, but don't smoke.  Silly as it sounds to those who are fortunate to have never picked up the habit, It takes some serious willpower and commitment to keep yourself from smoking.  And, look at you!  Hell week?  Check.  Done and did!

There'll be a roller coaster of emotions over the next few weeks and months, but you've started out strong and I don't expect you'll be letting up anytime soon.  GOOD GOING!!  Reach out to us if it gets tough - you're doing a super job!