Ashamed of myself

bakon

Hey @John ... another one here who fell prey to the just one mentality.. my quit was over a year (by a fair bit) and unlike you I didn't do this again for over a decade. So you know you can do this because you've done it before. You can get back there and we're all here to help as needed.

• Like 4

John, your quick jump back onto the train is a testament to the fact that a smoke free life really IS better!  You missed it and now you're back.  This was a great decision on your part and the story is also a wake up call to the rest of us.  Thanks for your honesty. 

• Like 4

Thank you guys for your support and your wisdom. Have not smoked. Can't say the desire has left me yet. But as last time and time passes, I know it will. 

Detoxing sucks. Fortunately, I know it will subside.

Thanks again! 

• Like 4

Yes, I imagine the whole process is pretty fresh in your mind John. I hope you stick around and check in from time to time to let us know how you're doing. I'm getting the sense that you will make this one your life long quit, providing you stick it out through the withdrawal stage. Best wishes your way sir :) 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 11:40 AM, John said:

Hard for me to believe it only takes one. But, now i know first hand that's all it takes.

Hope this helps some of you guys to stop any kind of logic to flirt with smoking.

It's still hard for me to believe.  Granted, I didn't have just one.  Oh, no.  When I caved - I went allllllll the way.  Must've smoked half a pack in that first hour.  It was practically a binge session.  But, yeah, it only took one moment of weakness and the floodgates opened.  I'm surprised how oblivious to the addiction I'd allowed myself to become.  There was no caution... no thought at all... that need for "constant vigilance" is a thousand percent accurate.

• Like 4