Help please

Sarah

Oh Sarah, I agree with a few of the others in the other thread... Maybe you should give this one a miss...

Sounds like you won't have much fun anyway!

If you do go, then make sure you have an escape plan ready in case you need to leave. Keeping your quit is way more important than proving a point of some stupid BBQ!

if it was me I wouldn't put myself under so much pressure ... you've done so well Sarah be kind to yourself and do whatever makes you happy as long as that doesn't involve smoking  ... if you do decide to go make sure you look your absolute best that will give you heaps of confidence x

Yup...

1. Option 1. Go. Have a cracking time (or fake it ;) )

2. Option 2. Don't go. Have a cracking time at home.

The weather is not great, its going to be wet and cold. There will be many more BBQs this year.

If anyone there would think less of you for ducking this - well frankly they are not the sort of folk whose opinions you need to give a fig about.

Don't stress Tiger!

• Like 2

Still want a cigarette but not quite a panicked

Sarah.

You do not want a cigarette.

You have freed yourself from this addiction.

You are AWESOME, brilliant, fantastic - and you DO NOT WANT a cigarette. YOU are free.

Got it?

Raaaaaah!

well that's an improvement, but if you go out with the thoughts of still wanting a smoke the temptation around other smokers could be too much for you ... trust me Sarah if you relapse like I did you will have to start all over again it's terrible really terrible ... please tell us you won't smoke 

Sarah,

Your main goal should be your quit.  What are the pros of going to the BBQ?  Standing around eating and drinking, socializing.  Cons?  eating salad in the pouring rain, with your ex-boyfriend and a couple smoking triggers and feeling naked.  If it were me, I'd stay home.  Watch a movie, do something nice for yourself and don't smoke.  If you need company, there are 114 or so friends here at QuitTrain.

Still at the BBQ. Lots of rain. Lots of drink. Not smoking. Not really wanting to either really, probably the rain!

Ex left ages ago after making a twat of himself, which was nice!

Anyway. Got some friends here protecting me from cigarettes!

Thank you Soozie and SueBeDo you made me feel so much better!

• Like 6

Sarah ... you have made my day ... so glad you are having a lovely time without smoking ....

mmmm .... now then ...  what about that dress you're wearing ??? are you warm enough ? did you put the right undies on ? how are the shoes holding up ? lol

enjoy Sarah ... you are a STAR xxx

mmmm .... now then ... what about that dress you're wearing ??? are you warm enough ? did you put the right undies on ? how are the shoes holding up ? lol

Dress is fine, spending all my time inside so plenty warm enough and have had a lot of complements on how glamorous I'm looking! Shoes are working out fine too! Everything is still in place!

Thanks again xxx

• Like 1