Ice Hockey ... Need some splaining please

notsmokinjo

9 minutes ago, barry said:

3-2 Bruins, end of the 1st.  Watch for the B’s to sit on Marleau for the rest of the game. 

I was thinking the same. No more yelling for me in the office though ay.. Can't watch reduced to radio

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

All tied. 3-3

6 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Well that answered diddly squat... Basically the best guess is it looked better on the shirt.

Another explanation I’ve seen is that BOTH Leafs and Leaves are valid plural forms of “leaf”.  As a native English speaker, this should come as no surprise ?

I remember the last Leafs/Bruins series some years ago. Leafs were up I think 4-1 late in the 3rd period and somehow managed to blow that game in overtime :51_scream:

It was shocking to say the least. You never know what will happen.

Don’t need to ask sslip.  After 7 full games of indeterminate length (no ties allowed - a team wins every game),  and in a Game 7 situation, the teams are obviously very evenly matched.  It’s just the ultimate in high drama as far as sports goes into overtime?!?!  Nuts!

AFL... after 27 weeks of games it all comes down to 1 game, do or die, no second change play offs... 1 crack at the bickie... you put it all on the ground for 2 hours and 1 team comes away the winner... no draws (used to be if you had a grand final draw you re-played the next week but now you play an extra 15mins each end until there is a winner). Full contact, no padding on a ground longer than a rugby/gridiron pitch... outside regardless of the weather and it the last saturday in september can be torential rain or be in the high 30s....

Game 7? How did they dream that one up?

I used to get there when playing head or tails or playing rock, paper, scissors. It's what the loser asks for. Oh I lost, let's make it best of 3, no 5, no 7. If you can play a best of 7 series in a short time frame, then the games not hard enough. ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sslip said:

Game 7? How did they dream that one up?

I used to get there when playing head or tails or playing rock, paper, scissors. It's what the loser asks for. Oh I lost, let's make it best of 3, no 5, no 7. If you can play a best of 7 series in a short time frame, then the games not hard enough. ;)

Hard enough? No way you ever played the game saying that, its not heads or tails or rock/paper/scissors. Have you ever watched it? Or know much about it?

• Haha 1

Jo! Now that the Leafs are gone in the first round, as usual, you now need to attach your wagon to Pittsburgh Penguins!

That's the team with, Cindy "Cry-Baby" Crosby as captain.

ei6x4x.jpg

You'll be entertained with plays like this ..................

IoljXtV.gif

Or this ......................................................

a0Tm8ls.gif

He make footie dives look respectable :8_laughing:

Oh well ..... at least they don't have to worry about flooding the ice between periods with Cindy around. Plenty of water works when he's playing ...............................

latest?cb=20100227010553

I better go now before Bakon logs on. He's Pitts biggest fan and I'm pretty sure he has a loaded gun :54_hushed:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Jo! Now that the Leafs are gone in the first round, as usual, you now need to attach your wagon to Pittsburgh Penguins!

That's the team with, Cindy "Cry-Baby" Crosby as captain.

ei6x4x.jpg

You'll be entertained with plays like this ..................

IoljXtV.gif

Or this ......................................................

a0Tm8ls.gif

He make footie dives look respectable :8_laughing:

Oh well ..... at least they don't have to worry about flooding the ice between periods with Cindy around. Plenty of water works when he's playing ...............................

latest?cb=20100227010553

I better go now before Bakon logs on. He's Pitts biggest fan and I'm pretty sure he has a loaded gun :54_hushed:

pens vs caps.png

• Like 2