Craving By assosiation !

Opah

One thing I did learn on this last trip, was when offered a cigar I paused a second or two before declining, but when offered a pitch  of snuff or chew or what ever its called it was instant no thank you, no pause, no thinking about it.     HUMMM  both tobacco products, both high with nicotine, the difference is I never used chew.   One day I hope to have the same quick No Thank You with the smokes, no thinking it over just a clear and resounding NO.

• Like 4

One day will come one day but today mate you met the temptation head on and gave the nico bltch a big fat FU... Hold your head high, so what if ya thought about it because when push came to shove you said NOPE... Makes you a winner mate, every frickin time.

• Like 3

I attended at Stag & Doe or some call it a Jack & Jill party on the weekend for my daughter and her fiancee. It was great not to have to go outside and smoke every half hour or so. Never even thought about it unless I had to open the back door for some other reason and then .... boom!! There it was. A hoard of smokers all standing around puffing away and shivering in the -10 temps. I only felt pity for them and joy that I no longer needed to do that to myself.

Next week, going away for a bit so no need to worry or even think about smoking routine before or during the trip. Another big bonus to no longer smoking. I don't even think about this stuff now until I see others huddled around someplace smoking away.

You'll get there too Opah. Just keep noping 1 day at a time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on your NOPE. No one has offered tobacco products to me thankfully. 

You up are doing great. The time will come for all of us when tobacco means nothing. We just have to wait it out. 

Edited by Giveintowin
  • Like 3

Well done Buck, and glad that your weekend trip went off with your quit intact. You know it's true, that all your days of NOPEs will lead to those days when you won't have any of those silly thoughts of smoking. It will happen.

• Like 3

You do not want anything to do with smokeless tobacco. It is very powerful and vile. It could make a goat puke. I do believe it is more toxic than cigarettes. Don't ever... just don't.

About the hesitancy with turning down a smoke - temptation speaks pretty loud. The important thing is you didn't take one.

Something I wish I could tell EVERY person who has quit tobacco/nicotine is this -

Yes craves will come and sometimes they scream loud. But you have beat tobacco/nicotine before and you can STILL beat the craves.

You do anything even once and you can do it again.