A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

Sick of waiting and because I think Sslippy Doodah might do the I that I was thinking off......

Home Among The Gum Trees

(Cos only the Aussies could have a song about how good our place is that included an ode to smoking dope when its illegal :D )

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 1

Well ... clearly @Sslip wasn't thinking the way I was... not at all, not one bit... so I will very nicely post a double up I and then maybe he can get the J right.... because there really is only one acceptable J and its on a par with the Scottish F for awesomeness....

so double up I...

Invictus ... the movie, now if that doesn't tug at patriotic heart strings I don't know what does.

Edit: But Sslip's I was a pretty frickin good one too... although I never knew what it was called, its just the Rugby Song....

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

La Marseillaise .... probably the most blood thirsty national anthem on earth.... but even still when i hear the music I hear the Lions club song ... which was why I didn't choose the Marines Hymn... which is very good but just gives me flashbacks to the day of my 21st birthday and the club song of Adelaide playing all over the G and not my Saintas.

• Like 1

SWITCHEROO.....SWITCHEROO..... that's right boys and girls its time again for the Sundee Slang Fest.... lets see who says the wierdest thing this week... and we begin with an N

Nipper ... a small child (That your nipper over there?) OR a junior life saviour (To be in the Nippers) ... I think it derived from ankle biter... cos to take a bite is to take a nip.... I never said we made sense but we know whats goin on... I'll proabably loose me straya card for given away all this translating.

Its so much quicker to say "where's the nipper" than it does to say "where's the ankle biter"

a nip was just a peck on the cheek/lips here not a propper snog, which (when I was  akid) was gettin on, or pashing, or havin a get with. A nip was also a small drink or a shot, give us a nip.

Packin it / Packin darkies - To be shit scared... to literally be so scared you shit ya pants... "Man last night I watch Freaks 1932 and I was so creeped out I was fair on packin it"

Ranga .... (prn: Rang-ah) ... A red head... because their hair is the same colour as an Orangutan ... an we just shorten that to Ranga ... (other names for ranagas include, Blue, Bluey,  ginge, gingers, ginga ninjas and blood nutters (but thats only for the blokes))

Edited by notsmokinjo

SWITCHEROO ... SWITCHEROO..... "Chocolate" ... all and anything chocolate... for the purposes of this topic the word Chocolate will have the same rules applied to it as the word The or A... so Chocolate Mousse... can be an M....

Ülker ..... Turkish bean to chocolate manufacturer and owner of Godiva Chocolatier

• Like 1