A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

Ocker... (och-er)..... a noun and an adjective... similar to a bogan but a bit more of a larrikin... basically an Aussie who speaks and acts in an uncultured manner, using a broad Australian accent (or Strine)  ocker would usually be applied to a male over a female.

^^ noticed the lack of a fizchick dial in... tsk tsk tsk....

Ripper - (Rip-par .... but no rolling of the r, it needs to be so short its almost not there.. more and 'ah' but with a soft r) .... and adjective and a noun, cos we roll that way... basically it is something that is really good, usually congratulatory .... so for example, your team may kick a goal and you would yell "You little ripper" and that would be directed to the player who kicked the goal or you could say... "Wot a ripper" ... which would be how you described the goal itself.... or you could say "didya see keyfees goal, it was a bloody ripper" (Did you see Keith's goal, it was exceptionally good) ... the addition of bloody as a prefix increases the awesomeness of the thing that is ripper by the power of 4.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 1

Ta - Informal thank you.

Ta much - More heartfelt thank you, as in Thank you very much... may also us Ta Muchly

Ta-Ta - Goodbye.... either as a condescending brush off.. as in with an effected toffy accent and a finger wave or with kids.

Ta-ta for now.... see you later.

Ta-tas .... tits

• Like 1

I don't have a V  but just wanted to say 

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Ta = Tar ... with with a long, soft unrolled r.

What's a long unrolled R when it's at home..??

Aaawww I missed the cake bit.. I've been run off my feet this week and up to my eyeballs in birthdays..!!

10 hours ago, Sslip said:

And we are including Queen Elizabeth cake just because.

RECIPE-QueenElizabethCake.jpg

Never seen that before, looks a bit bland.. wouldnae bring a smile ta yer face same as her...?

33 minutes ago, Wee fluffy me said:

What's a long unrolled R when it's at home..??

The opposite of a Scottish R.... sort of aaahhh with a tiny bit of an r on it.... no rolling or throaty hocking :D

Vaginamite - a derrogatory term for Vegemite... it goes hand in hand with Penis Butter ... peanut butter.

Edited by notsmokinjo

Switcheroo.... a day and a half late.... so will come back to the topic it was going to be and jump in early with the topic for 22 June..... (cos that's what it is here) ..... Things That Make You Smile....

Zoos ... love the Zoo... always smile at the zoo.

• Like 1