A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

wuss / wussy ..... rhymes with pvssy (and wuss is just puss as in puss in boots) .... it is a person who is being weak as piss, so afraid to put in or have a go, usually a bloke... some examples:

when my cousin rings his dad to go to his house to get the dead mouse outa the trap: "Fer farks sake Luke stop being such a wussy"

so he rings our other cousin and gets: "Man up ya cvnt and stop bein a wuss"

so he rings his mum and whinges that his dad and our cus are being mean to him  "I haven't time for this Luke and you are being a wussy"

so he rings me: mobile phone screen display says Wussy "Hey Wussy what's wrong?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bugger...  (bug-gaah) ... its a low grade insult or a term meaning oh, shit.... so when something bad happens, like you drop something and it breaks... you can say "oh, bugger" .... or if someone is being anooying or cheeky you can use it how the poms use sod.... as in "Oh you little bugger" or "oh you cheeky bugger"

featured in a toyota ad years ago: 

• Haha 1

^^ Here a dingy is a little tin boat with an outboard motor.

I always end up with the flippin E.....

Earna - earn-are - Usually refers to a racehorse or a greyhound... means they are good quality and will earn you money...."Gee that Black Caviar is a frickin earner and a half" =  "Black Caviar is a very profitable racehorse"

By adding ana half ... it means not only will it earn its keep but it will earn its keep and then some... so its a real earner.

• Like 1

Grub... its another multi meaning from the land of the bouncing kangaroo.....

1. Food/a meal:  as in "Do ya want some grub?" ... "Are you hungry, would you like some food" .... "What grub ya got?" ..... "what have you got to eat?"

2. A low level insult for someone who is dirty or mingy or unclean... "You got sauce all down the front ovya shirt ya grub" ....  "You have spilt your sauce on the front of your shirt you dirty, untidy person"

3. A higher end political insult... usually leveled by the left side to indicate the right is more interested 'money grubbing' ... or making money, at the detriment to the lower levels of society in favour of the richer members... or its used by memebers of the right to hide the fact they called someone on the left a cvnt during parliament.... Here is an actual example from Australian parliament... Julia Gillard (then shadow health minister and future PM) interrupting Tony Abbott (the Health Minister and also future PM)...

Julia: "I move that that sniveling grub over there be not further heard''

The Speaker of the House instructed her to appologise and unconditionally backdown

Julia: "If I have offended grubs, I withdraw unconditionally''

The Speaker banned her from parliament for 24 hours.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 1

whoops, probably cos I got side tracked and didn't post the SWITCHEROO post it was still sitting in my edit box... so its a two-up tuesday on the H..... and @Sslip your back up to bat... maybe some of the music thread boys will come and play with this one. Yep thats you @johnny5, @Boo & Lord @Whispers  the Hood..

SWITCHEROO... SWITCHEROO.... and we will be staying with this until I have posted what I want to post....so ya best be liking cover songs...

As I am hopeful of some new players here's the rules, well its pretty simple, answers have to be in alphabetical order, so the one before this was a P... this is a Q... so next should be R.... rule exemptions:

* A, The, Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms are invisible words and don't so you use the first letter of the word after it.

* If songs is the theme, you can either have the first letter of the song title OR the first letter of the band name OR the first letter of either the first name or surname of the artist.

* SLOX applies, that's Sslips Law Of X... its algebra, x='a number' ... so you can use a number instead of x

* double posts both count... its bad luck to switch ya answer, cos i said so, and you just keep going.

* new rules can be invented at anytime

Special rule for covers: you can use the original artist's letter to make it fit.

Hold On - Angus Stone (covers Alabama Shakes)