Not an sos just an aargh moment

Did you know having smoke is OK cos its nil by mouth?... The frickin Nico demon does, the psycho blitch has been in my head since 2.24am. So not the time to have a forced caffeine detox.... I have had this shlt, why can't it just rack off, I don't care if 7eleven is 3mins away I won't be buying smokes I don't want them, I sure as hell don't need them. They will not stop my sweaty palms, they will not stop my frickin headache, they will not help the crawling under my skin or the agro mood or wanting to cry or tgd jittery leg that don't stop bouncing... This shlt needs to stop because all its doing is making MD into a racing lunatic.

• Like 2

I agree with Whispers .... choose your priority and be all in to fight it. I'm sure coffee isn't good for you but is it worse than all the deadly chemicals in cigarettes?? I'm pretty sure it isn't. I would choose to make my stand against ciggies - not caffeine!

• Thanks 1

No I have to have some bloods and medical tests this morning and had to be nil by mouth from 10pm last night.. I an a huge caffeine addict but thought I'd be OK if I could sleep through it but have been up since 2.20am (nearly 5 hours) doing caffeine detox. Nice liitls reminder why NOPE is true.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

OK - understand better now - just don't fukcin smoke ..........OK??

^^^ I've always wanted to say this. :6_smile:

Sorry about the no eating or drinking thing Jo, but you got this. Just another one of life's challenges that will come along - and NONE of them really have anything to do with us smoking our way through them. We know better now, right?!!!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

@reciprocity I promise i won't smoke... I'm actually fighting that bit OK just want the psycho bltch in my head to realise her eviction notice has been served and she can move out now.

I'm just saying that for me it was at about 5 1/2 - 6 months when I KNEW I was good to go for a permanent quit!! It's different for everyone but there does come a time for all of us longer term quitters when something happens and you just stand back and realize .... I've actually got this thing beat!! :) Keep with the program ..... it WILL happen for you too :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As soon as you get the medical stuff over with you can at least enjoy coffee. Just hang tight.

But yeah if you are trying to give up caffeine as well, perhaps wait until a later time. Giving up one addiction is bad enough, maybe conquer that first then think about others. 

• Like 1

Glad that is over... Only 5 stabs of the needle to get a vein but I think I ran to the cafe where ( @Sslip will get this)... The Arthur of baristas  was making the coffee it kind a went like this:

Nsj: may I please have a large flat white with 3 extra shots

Coffee man: so large flat white 3 sugars.

Nsj: Um, bah mate, that's a large flat white with 3 extra shots, so 6 shots... (Now by this stage I can smell the coffee so I'm really twitching)

Coffee man: you can have 1 extra shot. Any more will reck the coffee. You won't taste the difference OK luv!

Nsj: ? I'll feel the difference. Look mate, I've had no coffee sincr 6 last night. I need 3 extra shots.

Coffee man: oh that's serious love, why didn't you say it eax a coffee emergency. Let me just hook you up.

Oh and thanks for the support, needed it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, notsmokinjo said:

Glad that is over... Only 5 stabs of the needle to get a vein but I think I ran to the cafe where ( @Sslip will get this)... The Arthur of baristas  was making the coffee it kind a went like this:

Nsj: may I please have a large flat white with 3 extra shots

Coffee man: so large flat white 3 sugars.

Nsj: Um, bah mate, that's a large flat white with 3 extra shots, so 6 shots... (Now by this stage I can smell the coffee so I'm really twitching)

Coffee man: you can have 1 extra shot. Any more will reck the coffee. You won't taste the difference OK luv!

Nsj: ? I'll feel the difference. Look mate, I've had no coffee sincr 6 last night. I need 3 extra shots.

Coffee man: oh that's serious love, why didn't you say it eax a coffee emergency. Let me just hook you up.

Glad you were able to finally get your coffee, Jo.  I'm even more glad you kept your quit.  Great job!  :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Glad that is over... Only 5 stabs of the needle to get a vein but I think I ran to the cafe where ( @Sslip will get this)... The Arthur of baristas  was making the coffee it kind a went like

Jesus humping christmas trees, it took FIVE tries to hit the vein? What kind of an incompetent dipshit was doing your blood work?

Anyways - by now I imagine that coffee is causing some awesome endorphins to kick in.

And also, try to remember this event when you are tempted to smoke, You made it thru this BS so you are strong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

OK so what's the proper order of things?

I NEED:

-  More Money

-  Caffeine

-  Nicotine

-  Sex

Well I only need 3 those, and you forgot frickin chocolate, you can tell your a bloke Reci, no frickin chocolate.

• Haha 3