Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ricki M

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricki M

  1. I was like that too that I thought I had to go go go because I no longer smoked. Now I have to remind myself to take a break...funny how that works.
  2. Nope....Happy Easter everyone
  3. Thanks CJ Thanks CPK...remembering I have tools now and not try to do this all by myself
  4. Before I had quit in the past I didn't guard my quit and would hang out with family and others who smoked just because I thought I was so strong to over look it. I realize now that wasn't the case especially if there was drinking around. I would almost always fold under those circumstances. Since I have given up alcohol too this will help me guard my quit in the future.
  5. I used to try to block those things out of my mind...to stay in denial. Not no more. I do worry of what I may have already done at times. But I know that won't do me any good. I had my lungs checked and for now everything is okay so I will hang onto that.
  6. Thank you Markus...this is good to know. I'm coming up on my 30 days and have been feeling pretty good so far. Every time I see a smoker I say to myself...I'm so glad I don't smoke anymore. And I really am. I'm learning to ride out the days emotionally but so far I haven't thought about a cigarette...I hope it doesn't change but if it does I know where to come.
  7. Thanks Markus for sharing your story. I like the visualization of not being a smoker. I know for me I will hanging in here for as long as possible because we never know when that urge will strike us and need some support...something I hadn't done before. This is my last quit. I don't ever want to go through that again EVER
  8. Thinking I may be helping me with my emotions...that maybe I would be escaping them That I had to have the cigarette with the drink. Now I have given up both I would have more energy, temporarily at best. I would lose weight only to gain it all back later I will just quit again...wasn't so easy this time even though I smoked less than half a pack but it was growing slowly
  9. Nope
  10. Nope
  11. Now that's something to wrap the brain around if I ever want another cancer stick
  12. Thanks CPK...this was great. I'm in charge now..no more turning back this time.
  13. I hated everything about smoking and especially the freedom of being someone that has kicked this habit to the curb.
  14. Thank you everyone....you are all such a great support system for me. I treated myself to a play and some great food and then some frozen yogurt. So I guess I had a lot of treats :)
  15. Three weeks today. I thought it was over the worse but I have to say this week wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I thought I had been through the most difficult and I have but the going from the second to the third was a bit more of a challenge. Maybe because I reduced my antidepressants which I realize wasn't a good idea. I thought they were causing me more tiredness but I realize now it was just the anxiety from the quit and my body going through the healing processs. Lessoned learned. I had my first time dealing with a smoker since I quit and went through that very well. Today another challenge dealing with it again. I Know I will be okay Just set a plan in motion and try not to be around it more than I have too. We are going to a play and they won't be able to smoke in there. Just grateful for making it this far and thank you everyone here for you support....I will be here for a long time going through the ups and downs of life now that I know I have support to get me through and I don't have to pick up another LIFE THREATENING, sticky icky smelley habit again. Hugs, Ricki
  16. Happy Birthday Beth...have a fabulous day. And another day of Nope for me. Celebrating 3 weeks today.
  17. You guys are too funny...gave me a good laugh
  18. Welcome and congratulations on your two weeks...that's fantastic
  19. I love these...thank you so much. If I knew how to do it I would post one myself. :)
  20. Nope....too funny I posted on the wrong day...oh well at least I'm pledging

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.