Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JackiMac

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JackiMac

  1. God I remember those vivid dreams and still get them, not so often now, but the sense of failure and disappointment when you wake up is a good reminder that your quit is solid, any time you feel a crave, remember that feeling. I could never get over how real the dreams felt, I woke up once actually crying because I thought I had smoked.
  2. JackiMac posted a topic in Socializing
    I just love it.................sorry got to put it out there xxx (eeek I get so excited for christmas, god help my work colleagues having to deal with me with christmas and my wedding) Tinsel, glitter, snow, decking the halls and all that goes with it Christmas is the bees knees for me xx
  3. Hey Rowly great to see your still SMOber, no-one is ever forgotten, sometimes we cannot find the time to simply stop and say Hi, I am finding time speeding up at the minute so much to do not enough hours in the day, but one thing I know for certain is all my quit smoking family are never far from my heart and thoughts xx
  4. Wiley my QB damn proud of you, 10 months, xxx
  5. The whole thought process behind quitting and the fear I had was what stopped me in my early days, I always find the initial few months to be easy and I think I became complacent too early and too soon. I have known many people, with many ways of quitting, some successful, some not, but the thing that seems to come across in most quits is the thought process behind it, simply saying No, or I will succeed, being positive in your quit, viewing yourself as a non smoker. I must admit that when I quit in the past I always had this underlying thought that it was not a forever quit, I always knew I was going to go back to smoking at some point, daft! No not really just the addictions way of coping with me trying to attempt to quit. This time I stood up, I told myself I was an addict, that I had nothing to fear from giving up, I was only creating the fear myself to put off what I really deep down wanted to do, Stop smoking, become a non smoker. We have different ways of dealing with a quit, but the most important thing is we all reach our ultimate goal, quitting and keeping quit.
  6. Kilts are now hired.....ELBandito we settled on the Highland Granite as Brian's surname originates from Ireland and would be a divil to try and match the tartan with the clan, sat and made my table deocrations tonight, glass jars decorated with bling and butterflies (the butterfly theme is for those who cannot be with us, mine is for my twin, my brother and the babies I have lost) I am filling them with small silver and lilac chocolate hearts, will attempt to take some pictures and post up when I am off on Tuesday, Leanna we are not having an evening reception either, just a meal after the wedding, we want to bring in the bells with just us, everyone is moaning at us because we are not partying into the wee small hours but really can't be arsed with it. xxx
  7. Right Marti, you go right and I go left and Shuffle, you got this quit firmly by the balls onwards and upwards xxxx
  8. Happy Happy Birthday toooooooooo uuuuuuuuuuuuxxxx
  9. Marti thank you thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, your 8 month quit has been amazing from day one to be part of and to share with you, how fantastic to have been away on a trip of a lifetime, its amazing the connections that we make in our small corner of the internet, but friendships and connections are made and they grow in strength like our quits, I am surprised that Mr Bakon did not show up in disguise, or did he!!!!! To a wonderful loverly warm lady All together Now Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious xxxxx
  10. Hi all, Leanna so sorry to hear that you have had to postpone, Ebay sweetheart, thats how mine has been dealt with, Dress, favours, table decorations, shoes, etc etc all through ebay, lol, EEEEK getting so excited, nearly all paid for, my son wants to wear a kilt (only because he knows his sporran will be filled, that's ma boy!) so we are going to get them on Saturday, going to my makeup trial on Tuesday, which will work as I am going to see a show on Tuesday night, meal paid for, service paid for, my work has been messing me about with my hen do, so told em to F off, just having people who really want to be there, been hunting high and low for a shrug for my dress, went to a near by shopping centre, found an exact match, down from £40 to £10 BARGAIN!!, flowers arrived from a nice lady down south the whole kit and kaboodle £28 again ebay, my mum's next door neighbour has offered to do the pictures, could prattle on but shhhhh better not, thank you Tracey xxxxx
  11. Hi Kristen sorry I missed your hello, but a huge welcome to QT, so glad you are here and looking forward to sharing your journey with you xx
  12. As we all know I romanced the cigarette at around my 7 month quit, and to me, it was a small thought in the back of my head that I allowed to grow, and the more it grew the more it was all I could think about 24/7, thinking just one, just to see, I was testing myself, telling myself that I missed the cigarette, that I missed smoking, I deliberately put myself with someone who smoked who I knew would offer me one, without me actually asking for one, so then I could lay the blame at someone else's door. The addiction took me back. As soon as that thought appears show it the door, NO is all it takes, xxx
  13. Jess swinging ma pants for you 1 Month is awesome my lovely xx
  14. Tracey and Rez lets hope the days fly in, love sharing this special journey with you both thank you for including us xx
  15. For my Grandad who I never met, who my mum never met, who went down on HMS Kite 3rd time unlucky being torpedoed, and was only 23. RIP to all our brace men, women and animals who gave their lives for us xxx
  16. Kept the same really original name on my wee jaunt to a better site, think of baffled often, never got the chance to "meet" sally, xx
  17. Great to see you Rob congratulations on your amazing quit xx
  18. And its a NOPE from me
  19. Yogi amazing quit, big hugs to you xx
  20. Found this amazingly funny, wonder what we could throw at them!!! xx
  21. WOWWZER Tracey, not be long till you can kick up your heels and celebrate, loved sharing your journey with you xx
  22. JackiMac replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    HAHAH for some reason I can really see you Jen doing this in the playground lol xx
  23. JackiMac replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    I really would love to know what medication you all take................please share :o xx
  24. Hi Wendy, its all part of the process of quitting, at the begging of a quit the fear of quitting holds us back, we are afraid that we wont like who we become without a cigarette, we are afraid of living with a cigarette, we are afraid that our personalities will alter, but in all honestly that is the addiction speaking, as time goes forward and we learn that life will continue on after quitting, nothing bad is going to happen to us just simply because we quit, we overcome the fear we have of quitting, we become more and more confident that we do not need a cigarette just to get by, you will find yourself finding the person that you are, the true person, you are being true to you, its like an awakening, once the nicotine addiction loosens its hold on you, your brain becomes more alert life becomes more enjoyable because you are not tied to nicotine any longer, you are back in control of your life, you feel pride in yourself. Yes you do lose a part of you, but its a part of you that you really don't want to keep, because the "new you" is a more happy, confident, and healthier person. XX
  25. Ohhh hello how do I go about getting one of the fab new tickers please xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.