Everything posted by Ladybug
-
Question from a former member!
Well, well my Dear...good to "see" you as well (((Julie))).
-
Question from a former member!
My husband, who thinks he is Irish, because he has red cheeks and loves beer, is going to freak out! Thank you~!
-
Question from a former member!
Well Amy...the count-down is on :-)
-
Question from a former member!
Thank you Marti, I am so glad that Amber is doing well!
-
Question from a former member!
No, I haven't heard from Ksmedic. I wish he would get back to me but I respect that he might just want to be left alone. I hope he is doing fine and that everything is alright with him and his family. I am not worried about if he smokes or not, I am afraid that's the least of his concerns. I know that he started a new job and there is although the possibility that he has a new email address and this little stinker forgot to give it to me. @Subedoo No, dangit the postcard never arrived. I would have thanked you for it and you would have felt the Earth shaking, because my hubby would have tried to do some back flips :-). It's good to see you all. What happened to Amberdawn? Did she have the Baby and did she stay smoke free? I Soozie still around and how is she doing? And my Amy, is she around or is she still running in the wheel like a Hamster trying to find her way out of it?
-
Question from a former member!
Oh that's great! What a relief, thank you so much! I suck at being a one-woman-quit-smoking-support-system. I will mention the quittrain with a link in one of this weeks posts -still in the making-, but my "about" page already points to this forum :-) @MQ I use a different avatar in my blog, it's still a Ladybug (of course) and the blog is up and running since May (I wanted to send you a PM with a link but didn't find the PM-function for the life of me). Thanks for the coffee :-) @ElBandito Who made you Queen lol @ALL...so good to "read" you and so good to see you all are smoke-free :-)
-
Question from a former member!
A few of you might still remember me; I have been a member here for a couple of months and left in May, because it was time to move on –and because I disagreed with some of the postings about relapse. However, I did make a pledge to pay it forward for one year, what means in my books to help smokers and new ex-smokers on their way to freedom from Nicotine -without my presence on a board. Not trying to honor my pledge would be out of character for me, so I just had to find a way how to do it and…how could I help? I decided to use my journal, my notes and my wicked sense of humor and started blogging. I wasn't really sure what blogging was -never tried the real thing- neither did I know how to get the word out, without participating at social media. My goal was to reach that “one reader” and to help him or her to become an ex-smoker. I tried not to think about “how” they would find me; I decided that wasn't my problem…right? Well, they did find my blog and it seems they liked it and I might have inspired a few people to at least re-thing their relationship with “Smokey”. I know a few actually quit since I stay in contact with some of my readers and followers (only the nice or sexy ones). Although, I know for a fact, that a few signed on the ‘other’ board. The ‘other board’ obviously doesn't like Ladybugs and people who mentioned my plain existence –or worse my blog- weren't treated nicely. I got word that they got nasty messages and have been denied celebrations of their milestones…pretty sad! Not helping another smoker trying to cope with an addiction and fighting the demons that come with it, is just plain ignorant (not using the word stupid here, was really hard) –that’s my humbled opinion. So, the reason why I logged in here today is, to tell ALL OF YOU, that my readers and followers will be send here as of this week. IF…this is not wanted, then please let me know. Nobody deserves a bad treatment, just because somebody doesn't like Ladybugs or my blog. I hope all of you are well and smoke-free! I can obviously still log on and will check here tomorrow. Just be honest please, this is important to me! If the staff needs to read my blog before a decision is made, let me know!
-
By Ladybug..this is why I left!
I have been asked "why I left" and I know some of you really want to know (and deserve to know). First of all...you all are an amazing group of people....I can honestly say that it was a pleasure "riding" with you. You all were with me during hard times and happy times. I quit smoking on my own, but you all made me stronger! However! Even though I consider myself a nice person (mostly) I am a "no bullshit person with a wicked sense of humor" in real life. I will always tell you the truth...for two reasons a) because it's the only way that counts and B) I forget things, so lying is not an option! I am always polite, but make myself very clear! This is a great forum, great understanding for each other, great support! Maybe too much support sometimes. I read a thread the other day written by a Staff member and the headline said "Relapse is not a crime"! I thought "OK it means we don't kill you".... and I opened it and the first post was a picture with "famous failures" and the first response in my mind was "are you shitting me?". A staff member writes that...what is this "an invitation for relapse?" "Hey, no worries lets try it again"? Is it a crime..."of course not"! But there should be more tough love, that's my opinion. You can be comforting and tough in one post "hey glad you came back...but please now get your head out of your ass"! Beyond is an article from whyquit.com on relapse....and this one I would sign, because it stands for what I stand for! I like motivation and inspiration...I don't need slogans and I don't listen when somebody preaches. Lot's of preaching here....but it doesn't reach me. Talking about "the other place" Christobal, Frank, Markus and John (wish I would have met him) reached me with their style...although one of Craig's posts hit my nerve! I will stay quit...I have no question in my mind. I will continue to send people here (but I although send them to whyquit.com). You can delete my account MQ, please read my PM!
-
compromises and deals, the junkie's bargaining abilities.
the other day you said and I quote "and yes many people quit on a whim. I sort of did I planned to quit at New Year, but woke on the morning of the 21st December, knowing that I had already quit when I went to bed the night before, just didn't know it at the time. it just felt right, and so I went with it." so which one is it?? Did you sort of quit on whim or did you fail over and over? I am sorry but I remember things...!
-
Please dont read. Private info posted for one member only.
I have been told to come here and protest....discriminating Ladybugs...it's just not going to fly with me (one member only my ars)
-
But I stopped smoking
(((Jackie66))) I hope you will be able to rest and sleep. I hope the medication will kick in soon and you will start to feel better. I am thinking of you
-
Nosnhoj has 4 months!
Congratulations, well done....go and reward yourself !!!!
- Shake it off and step up!
-
Lazy but need to exercise?!
I love Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred challenge! This first part is free on you tube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
-
Soozie has 1 week today!!
Good job Soozie :-)
-
Simple isn't always easy
OH Sarah..I know what you mean. At the beginning of my journey I read the "Easy Peasy" and just shook my head "what's wrong with people" on bad days I thought "I am going to find this guy and I show him how easy peasy I bite his head off :-) Now I agree with him! It is actually easy compared to so many other things, it's easy if you really want it. If your mind is set to be a non-smoker...then a non-smoker you will be. It is actually simple as well....you just don't smoke! Scram, yell, laugh or cry....everything is allowed ...just don't smoke!
-
DevilDoll celebrates 4 months!!!!
OH DD :-) Congratulations I am so proud of you! I am so glad you are here! Thanks you so much for everything you do for us! Reward yourself :-)
-
Justsomeguy celebrates 4 months!!!
- Sarah has 2 weeks quit!!
- Wednesday 30th April Pledge
N.O.P.E.- I have not quit
I should buy the book one day and put it somewhere so my husband can read it....like leave it in the bathroom by accident oooppps :wink2:- Gem, Gem, Gem...say Gemzee eight times in a row!!
- First Smoke Free Holiday/Vacation - Road Trip
Oh you will be fine Tracey, I have faith in you! Your quit is strong and so are you! No worries, just have a good time! You can always call me if you need a verbal kick in the behind :-) I will miss you, that's the part I don't like!- Results are in
I am so relieved..awesome Ross! So happy for you!- Quitting on a whim
Oh Gosh...No don't be worried! I got a cold, stayed in bed for 1 day and gave up smoking in the Evening. No planning at all, I just put it out after 35 years of smoking. I quit on my own and signed up at day 8 or 9. You are not doing anything wrong, you are doing fantastic. You know enough to stay quit...you know that you don't want to smoke anymore! That's all there is to know..know what you want! You are right, all the relapse stories can be demoralizing....I felt the same way! I questioned my quit as well, like "everybody seems to relapse it seems to be normal, when will I?" I won't and neither will you :) There are a few one time quitters here...we should make our own thread! Reading that relapse wasn't a crime, did it yesterday and that's one of the main reasons that I step back, that and my work. I feel joy over my quit, I want to stay quit. - Sarah has 2 weeks quit!!
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.