Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ladybug

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ladybug

  1. wow...........that's an achievement!
  2. I had coffee with neighbors today....they both smoke and they are acting "weird" around me. Like I would jump them if they smoke. They were both very interested and wanted to know more about how i quit. I mentioned this board, gave them the webpage and talked a little bit about the camaraderie here and how much we help Newbies. He said "you are all firefighters" and I laughed...and I liked it :-) I told him about our "name" poll he suggested Firefighter Master Firefighter Chief guess what he does for a living :-)
  3. I visited my friend in the hospital, every time she was there. No smoking in the hospital or in the front. I left her numerous times. I walked all the way to the elevator, down to the main entry, out in the parking lot, walked a cross the street...just to smoke one cigarette. I went all the way back..........and did the same thing an hour later....pathetic!
  4. Ladybug commented on beacon's blog entry in Beacon's Blog
    yes I believe so :-)
  5. Ladybug replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Pinky lol thanks
  6. S.N.O.T. (Smoking is not an option today)
  7. Ladybug replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    Happy Easter! Enjoy your time at home!
  8. Thinking about your Uncle!
  9. TPAM loves onies
  10. Ok either you give your smiley's up...or sighhhhh I don't know
  11. how can you like menthol's better..if you didn't enjoy smoking?
  12. I think we enjoy things and then we grow out of them...and enjoy other things. I am still growing...I loved to smoke..........now I love to be an ex smoker. I grew...and I hope I continue to do so until the day I die. Can I tell you what I enjoyed about smoking? No I can not, it's in the past and not important anymore...the now is important and the future ...and both is smoke free. This is the only explanation I can come up with why I could enjoy and "love" two opposite things...I am growing...I am still growing!
  13. I just did :-)
  14. Thank you! I thought the same thing but didn't want to be the party poop. Evelyn...one thing at the time. Don't overload your plate. Smoking is not good, true..but you have more severe things to deal with right now. I will be on your side when you are ready to give up smoking...right now you are not! Why not...because smoking helps you to deal with everything else. Get your medications adjusted, take care of your suicidal wishes and your panic attacks and everything else and then...then quit smoking. We are not going anywhere....we will be still here!
  15. I openly agreed with you....I wouldn't do anything for 35 years if I wouldn't enjoy it....I loved to smoke and one day I didn't....case closed (at least my case)
  16. I know I am suppose to say I didn't like smoking, but it would be a really big lie. I loved to smoke, I enjoyed it. Yes, I learned about the consequences of my habit over the years, but I still loved to smoke...for 35 years. Then they put another chemical in cigarettes, just so they would stop burning and I started coughing like crazy. Although I had to face the big "5" and started to think about my past and future. I started to question my habit ..and decided I would give it up "one day". I watched other people's struggles using the patch, gum all kind of stuff..the most failed and are still smoking. I put one out and walked away. No need to smoke for me...I had them all! I gave it up over 2 months ago....now I love being a non smoker! I agree with the Sarge on this one! I wouldn't do something for 35 years if I wouldn't enjoy it!
  17. Ladybug replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    I looked they don't have decaf Merlot B)
  18. Isn't it great! I was scared of the outside world...but no triggers so far. I enjoy the same things as I always did...just smoke free. Smoking is not even on my mind when my husband smokes...it's gone. I must have killed Smokey brutally!
  19. I am so very happy to read that...I am so proud of you! You are my hero today :-)
  20. Ladybug replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    phones, wireless mouse, lip balm ....OK I consider myself lucky and stop complaining :-)
  21. Amy I am so sorry for my late reply! Those cravings can hit you like a freight train.....I remember when they hit me out of the blue I felt like something hit me hard. Then I started talking to "Smokey" and told him NO loud a few times...it worked but they didn't stop. Then I welcomed the cravings. I stood there and said "well there you are..ready to lose another round?" It made me laugh...(great now I am talking to myself) but it helped a lot. I started singing loud (I can't sing) I got me boxing gloves and a punching bag and that did wonders for me. I realized very quickly that I didn't have a problem with the withdrawal, I had a problem with the memory of smoking. It over rolled me; thoughts like "oh I always smoked outside" or "I always used to smoke when....." so I started to re-train myself. NOw I say "How cool I always HAD to smoke outside, what can I do now? or "great I just mowed the yard and I deserve to sit down and just watch the dogs". I guess there is just no "one fits all solution" ....you are doing great going toward 2 weeks. I am so glad you posted a SOS
  22. Ladybug replied to rowlyd's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    ooopsiii Daisy!!!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.