Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QuittingGirl

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by QuittingGirl

  1. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Oops!! 😁 -3
  2. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -20 Woo Hoo!!!
  3. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -19 Come on chickies!!
  4. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  5. Congratulations @BAT on 12 years smoke free! 🎉 That is some huge accomplishment! You are a role model for all of us! Treat yourself today. All the Best!😃
  6. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  7. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  8. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -14
  9. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -16
  10. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -16
  11. Excellent post @DenaliBlues and spot on. The beginning can be a nightmare but it definitely gets better, so hang in there newbies, all will be fine! 😃
  12. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -14
  13. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -15
  14. I just want to add something else @mm34 This, I believe was my first post that I made on here, way back on May 21, 2023. "I am a new member and trying to wean myself off of smoking, (2nd time trying to quit...first time, back in 2009 I quit for 6 years but then went back). I have been a 3/4 pack a day smoker and I have been weaning myself off for the past 2-3 weeks. As of now, I'm smoking 1-2 cigs a day and it's very difficult because of the physical cravings. I'm very irritable and it's just so hard this time. Last time I used Chantix and it was very easy, this time doing the weaning method and it's not easy at all! Any advice? I would greatly appreciate it. What do you do to get rid of the physical urges?" This was the first response I got regarding the "weaning method", compliments of @johnny5, thanks Johnny!!!!👍😀 "As long as you continue to smoke, even one or two a day, the cravings will continue. I have attempted the weaning method and really struggled. Not only did smoking a small number of cigarettes a day keep the physical addiction alive, I realized that I was thinking of smoking that cigarette as a reward for going several hours smoke free a day. That really hurts both physically and psychologically." He is SO RIGHT!!, @mm34, I hope you come back so we can help you!! 😀
  15. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  16. Welcome to QuitTrain @mm34 So glad you found us. The first piece of advice that I will give you is to stop cutting back on smoking because it will not work. It will keep you in perpetual withdrawal and you will climb the walls. That is what I did with this quit, I tried to cut back and was down to two cigs a day, one in the morning and one in the evening after dinner. That was the worst mistake that I did because I was constantly craving a smoke and was climbing the walls. Please either go cold turkey or try the patch/gum and follow that program, but cutting down will not work. I have been there, done that! Yes, it's tough, it's very very tough, but definitely doable as millions of people have quit smoking and have stayed quit. What I did in the early days of my quit was to take cinnamon sticks and pretend they were cigarettes. I would suck in air and then pretend I was blowing smoke out of it. They really helped me, plus it tasted very good. If you don't like cinnamon, you can use cut up straws. Withdrawal doesn't last forever, I promise you that, but the faster you get rid of ALL the cigs, the better off you will be. The second piece of advice I am going to give you is to come on here every day, especially in the beginning months, and do the Daily Nope pledge. I still do it after 2 and a half years as it keeps me focused. Also, stay close to the forum because you will need the support. I truly believe the more support you have from the get go, the more you will succeed. There is even a fun game section to keep your mind off of smoking. When you get the urge, drink a big glass of water, go for a walk, come on here, ANYTHING except smoking! You can do this!!👍💪 Good luck and I hope to see you on here again soon!
  17. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13
  18. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  19. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  20. NOPE!!
  21. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -10
  22. QuittingGirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -8

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.