Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JustSomeGuy

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by JustSomeGuy

  1. Thanks guys. All done. A couple of cravings when I first got there, but just said nope.
  2. To elevate newbies
  3. Day 5 going smoke free. Took the day off to take my car to the shop. Gas station keeps glaring at me with bad intentions from across the street. Left my gum in the car. All I have is my coffee and my phone. I don't want to smoke. I will not smoke. Gonna be a long couple of hours. Wish me luck! I got this.
  4. That's exactly how I felt and still feel. Getting to 5 years again feels like Everest! Heck, even getting to 1 month feels daunting. I've lurked on here a few times the last couple of years when I've tried to quit. Sometimes it lasted weeks. Sometimes a few days. But it never stuck. I don't think being a guest and reading posts helped me out. Maybe I wasn't ready to quit yet, but I am now. That's why I reintroduced myself and came clean. I wanted to have that added accountability and help. Wow 20 years is so amazing! I remember you from the QSMB days.
  5. Those are all great advice. I'll grab the gum from my car to chew on when I need something. Yesterday I drank a lot of water just to get past the cravings. And I'll definitely check out the games...I remember those helping a lot last time.
  6. Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome. I really appreciate it. And I'm glad to see the strong support from the community hasn't changed. Today was harder than the weekend. At work I usually had my set times when I would go out for one. But I pulled through to fight another day. I really wanna keep this going.
  7. Jill! Good to see you. 5 years is amazing! Thanks Linda. I know I'll need it. Today is a rough day being at work. Thanks Justin! I like the way you put that!
  8. Hi everyone. I don't really know how to start this...so here goes... My name is Ron. Some of you may remember me from a long time ago. The QT and QSMB community really helped me quit way back in Dec 2013. Feels like a lifetime ago. I "met" a lot of good people who helped me stay smoke free for over 5 years. I'm hoping you all can help me once again...but this time, quit for good. You see, I never got to my 6 year quit anniversary. Just a few months before that time, at the end of the night of my bachelor party, I made a drunken decision to smoke. Being drunk isn't an excuse. I wanted to smoke. I messed up, plain and simple. That was 3 years ago in 2018. I've been smoking on and off ever since. So let me be the poster boy of what can happen when you take your quit for granted. I look around here now and I see familiar names and faces who started their quit around the same time as I did...and while I'm happy to see them, I am also filled with embarrassment and envy because I threw mine away. But that quit is loooonnng gone. I am here today, back as a newbie once again. But this time, I want to quit for good for my 1 year old son. He means everything to me and I want to be around for him as long as I possibly can. Thanks for reading. Today is my 3rd day going smoke free.
  9. nope
  10. My name is JustSomeGuy. It's pretty complicated why I picked it...really put a lot of thought into the process. There were other candidates that didn't make the cut. I thought about "JustAnotherGuy" for like a millisecond. But then I realized that's 3 extra letters I have to type, so I said "screw" that. Plus, that's 2 extra syllables you all would have to say in your heads every time you read my name. I couldn't do that to you people. You have enough on your plates quitting smoking as it is. Then there was "JustSomeIdiot". I liked it...a lot. But then I realized that, while the name is very fitting, if you have trouble reading and just recognize shapes like I do, that it might look a bit like Just-Somel-diot, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So I stuck with my first option. One nickname is JSG (self-explanatory, I hope). Another is CreepySmileyDude...because bakon got creeped out seeing my smile on my avatar. He thought I was smiling at him through his screen. In reality though...I really actually was!!! (Still freaks me out that he knew that).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.